FLIP 003.JPG
FLIP 002.JPG
FLIP 001.JPG
FLIPACARD 005.JPG
FLIPACARD 004.JPG
FLIPACARD 003.JPG
FLIPACARD 002.JPG
FLIPACARD 001.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

The post was in the wrong hole.!..? Rotated it and realized there was no way to make it look right with the post where it was...switched holes to make it look like your pic and it works. Tried out the special and knocker works. The bakelite/fiber board piece broke in the process but doesn't appear to be an essential component. Now, can I jumper this somehow to get free play and still keep the special or is that one or the other?

What was that even doing there in the first place? That piece of bakelite shouldn't be there.

Someone really hacked away on that replay unit.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Actually it should be there. It's just missing in the one I pictured (also broken off). It's there to separate the max credit switch from the middle switch, since they flex towards each other. They don't typically touch though, so not a big deal.

I've never seen a piece of bakelite doing that job though. Fish paper, yes. Bakelite, no.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I'm not sure when they switched over, but sometime between Atlantis and Jungle Queen they went from the Bakelite spacer to a piece of metal with fish paper on the top side. I'd guess maybe after they reverted to the classic credit unit after giving the half-moon credit unit a try. So maybe with the '76 titles.
But prior to the switch to the metal spacer, the credit units all have that Bakelite spacer in the switch stack. They are often broken though (which is probably why they switched to metal).
Here are pics of an unbroken one from Atlantis, and a metal one in Jungle Queen (two that I have on hand).
Atlantis with Bakelite spacer
Jungle Queen with metal spacer+fishpaper

Well, maybe it's there and I never noticed. I only have two wedgeheads right now, both pre Atlantis, so I'll have to look. It just looked really weird to me and I wondered where in the world that came from, because I just don't remember seeing it.

GtbCreditSpacer0.JPG 448 KB

GtbCreditSpacer1.JPG 439 KB

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-flip-a-card-special-knocker-credit-question?tu=emsinkc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.