(Topic ID: 117861)

Gottlieb Fire Queen Rules

By Wickerman2

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

There are a couple jones plug settings in the backbox for Match in/out or something and for extra ball/credit...I'm not getting any knocker sounds for anything. Does that have something to do with what match/extra ball setup you choose back there? What setting combination is needed for knocker to work?

#2 9 years ago

well, it should at least knock for the match... i'm not familiar with the aab settings on those machines, i don't know if that should knock or not...

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

well, it should at least knock for the match

Is that a switch on the credit unit?

#4 9 years ago

All the AAB's that Ive played knock on an extra ball.

Does the game award the extra ball and not knock, or neither?

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from bintzknocker:

It works properly for the shoot again, match also lights up but no knock.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from bintzknocker:

It has 2 sets of jones plugs for match and shoot again vs credit...seems like it should knock somewhere in there. I thought it was a replay unit switch...

#7 9 years ago

I think some of those later games marketed the option of AAB versus replay credits for operators. They weren't true AAB games that could store more than one ball, just negated replay credits in favor of lighting the extra ball feature. Maybe Jet/Super Spin and a few others also had this built in. That way an operator could keep the skilled players from racking up a bunch of games and monopolizing the game while others with money to spend were shut out. Hence earning far less money. A gimmick if you ask me, since it doesn't award more than one at a time. Anyway, your game should still fire the knocker on a match-if that feature is enabled. I don't own a Fire Queen (but would like to), so perhaps an owner can chime in with real facts on its settings.

see this link which mentions this feature on the flyer:
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1290&picno=4992&zoom=1

#8 9 years ago

Mine knocks when set for credit on special, not when set for extra ball.
Knocker activates through NC switch on W ( 2nd chute relay ) and NO switch on Y ( add replay unit relay).

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinbee:

Knocker activates through NC switch on W ( 2nd chute relay ) and NO switch on Y ( add replay unit ).

Thanks, will check those.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-fire-queen-rules and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.