(Topic ID: 228885)

Gottlieb Fast Draw playfield switch reset

By iowapinball

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iowapinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Trying to find how a playfield switch can cause a game reset. I've been through the bottom board and the playfield switches twice and can't find a short circuit or mal-adjusted switch. Switches that score 10 points have no effect, but 50 and 100 point scores cause the game to reset. Has anyone had this problem and remember what the cause was? Please help!
I don't get to PinSide often, please reply to [email protected]
Thanks in advance for your time and attention.

#2 5 years ago

If I start a game with the playfield up and trip the 50 point relay the game resets. So anything on the playfield that scores 50 points makes the game reset. Help?

#4 5 years ago

When I power the game on the GAME OVER relay and the FIRST BALL relay pull in and hold. The playfield is dark, the backbox and coin slots are lit up.
When I press the Start button on the front of the cabinet the TILT, TILT HOLD, REPLAY BUTTON, START, FIRST BALL and RESET CONTROL relays all pull in and hold, the reset sequence begins and the playfield lights up. Early in the reset sequence the REPLAY BUTTON relay and the START relay release. When score reels zero and reset sequence is complete the RESET CONTROL relay releases, the TILT, TILT HOLD and FIRST BALL remain energized and the ball is kicked into the shooter lane. Playfield coils and lamps are activated normally and the ball in play indicator lights ball 1. After resetting the 10 point and 100 point switches score the correct value, however, if I close a playfield switch that scores 50 points the game resets. If I don't score 50 points on a ball, when the ball drops into the outhole the bonus counts down, the ball is kicked out into the shooter lane and the ball in play advances.

After starting a game if I rotate the score motor slightly it takes off and runs 1/3 of a revolution, during which no score accumulates and the game does not reset.

#6 5 years ago

I surrender. The game now occasionally resets on scoring 500 points. When the playfield is up, it will score 50 points most of the time without reset, but won't correctly activate the A, B, or C lane relays. Playfield down and it resets on 50 point scores, unless it's the drop targets (most of the time). Have checked the loom for shorts, checked all assemblies for shorts, have pulled the playfield and bottom board three times and gone through switches, relays, steppers, and score motor with a fine toothed comb without joy. Got enough gray hair, don't need more. Ya gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, know when to run.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iowapinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-fast-draw-playfield-switch-reset?tu=iowapinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.