• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

511DABEB-DDB1-4C8C-A32C-308486D54E5E (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 8.33.22 AM (resized).png
CF66D1F5-7D18-49D7-AE84-9D1D42BA6017 (resized).png

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Not sure why no one has bid yet on this machine even though it’s early. I don’t own any Gottliebs yet but I’m hoping my next pin is one. I’ve always thought this one was a keeper and very popular. Maybe it’s the low volume of feedback from the seller and the lack of pictures. I just asked for more pics but this one is probably just too far away from me.

Thoughts?

ebay.com link: 0

#2 5 years ago

Missing a ton of paint there.

Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Not sure why no one has bid yet on this machine even though it’s early. I don’t own any Gottliebs yet but I’m hoping my next pin is one. I’ve always thought this one was a keeper and very popular. Maybe it’s the low volume of feedback from the seller and the lack of pictures. I just asked for more pics but this one is probably just too far away from me.
Thoughts?
ebay.com link

#3 5 years ago

Fast Draw is a fun game, I had the 2-player Quick Draw. Guy needs to post more pics. Backglass flaking in the reds which is typical. Might be a repro available though.

#4 5 years ago

I also noticed that it’s missing the lockbar along with the paint issues. I’ll repost if they send me more pictures.

#5 5 years ago

Those lock bars go for $100+ on ebay... If you can find one.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Those lock bars go for $100+ on ebay... If you can find one.

Good to know. I have a spare one laying around.

#7 5 years ago

Backglass available and playfield will be made relatively soon by Wade. Can’t find the plastics. Gone that route with other machines and it gets quite expensive fast.

#8 5 years ago

@sea_wolf that’s a $500 game if it’s complete, in good cosmetic shape and playable, with some minor adjustments needed. Bad backglass, missing cabinet paint, missing lockdown bar and $500? I live near the seller and I wouldn’t offer more than $125, if I wanted it. For reference the seller also has a multicade arcade machine with a $5,000 asking price. Retailers are gouging the public by charging $1200 and he wants $5,000?

I’d offer him $125 if I were you. He may not get any offers. If you get it let me know and I can meet you there on a weekend and help you get it out of his house and loaded in your car.

I suggest that you favorite the project pin thread and wait for a better deal to show up, preferably closer to you. Ive posted a few games in this thread...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others

#9 5 years ago

Looks like a 300 buck Gottlieb if its within 100 miles. Go Williams.

#10 5 years ago

Gottliebs were the Cadillac of EMs overall and Fast Draw/Quick Draw is one of my favorites. Good luck with your future acquisition of one!

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Can’t find the plastics.

Available at PBR for many years.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

@sea_wolf that’s a $500 game if it’s complete, in good cosmetic shape and playable, with some minor adjustments needed. Bad backglass, missing cabinet paint, missing lockdown bar and $500? I live near the seller and I wouldn’t offer more than $125, if I wanted it. For reference the seller also has a multicade arcade machine with a $5,000 asking price. Retailers are gouging the public by charging $1200 and he wants $5,000?
I’d offer him $125 if I were you. He may not get any offers. If you get it let me know and I can meet you there on a weekend and help you get it out of his house and loaded in your car.
I suggest that you favorite the project pin thread and wait for a better deal to show up, preferably closer to you. Ive posted a few games in this thread...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others

Thanks for offering to help. I asked and they posted 6 more pics, mainly of the playfield. For what it’s worth, they claimed the lockbar is “someplace” in the house. They just had it off because they removed the glass earlier.

I think that I’d definitely give them $300 for it if it were within an hour drive but just NE of Atlanta is too far for me. I’m itching for a Gottlieb EM mild/project with drop targets. My wife is probably glad none are showing up nearby.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Looks like a 300 buck Gottlieb if its within 100 miles. Go Williams.

I do love my newly acquired Space Mission. It’s a beauty.

#14 5 years ago

I asked and they posted 6 more pics, mainly of the playfield.

Maybe they can step a bit further away and take a few more pictures.

#15 5 years ago

It's sad what EM's command these days price-wise.

Just sayin'.

#16 5 years ago

Those pictures suck!! Obviously people are hiding something when they can't turn the overhead lights on and take pictures that actually show you what it really looks like. Wouldn't waste my time on this if I were you.

John

#17 5 years ago

Offered $300 and got a response.

CF66D1F5-7D18-49D7-AE84-9D1D42BA6017 (resized).pngCF66D1F5-7D18-49D7-AE84-9D1D42BA6017 (resized).png
#18 5 years ago

eh, hold out for a single player wedge head, with most EM's the four player machines just aren't as much fun since the play field resets after each player plus they weight a shit ton

#19 5 years ago

Agree that Fast Draw/Quick Draw is a fantastic game. I have a gorgeous Quick Draw and find it gets played constantly.

#20 5 years ago

Have restored 2 quick draws and regretted selling both. Great game layout. Yes it resets each ball but if you get the 5000 Point horseshoes up, it gets exciting. This fast draw looks like a bad deal. I would walk away. There are others out there.

#21 5 years ago

I can go look the game over for you. I am in Suwanee also. BTW, those lockdown bars are pretty much impossible to find, so I would make sure he has it.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I can go look the game over for you. I am in Suwanee also.

Not worth your time at the sellers 800$ price tag.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Not worth your time at the sellers 800$ price tag.

Yeah worth nothing near that. I see the starting bid has been reduced to $500 and they still have "make offer" available.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yeah worth nothing near that. I see the starting bid has been reduced to $500 and they still have "make offer" available.

Ya a few post up a guy offered 300 and he got a counter offer from the seller for 800

#25 5 years ago

Looks like the center inserts have quite a bit of wear?

Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 8.33.22 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-02-26 at 8.33.22 AM (resized).png
#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Offered $300 and got a response.
[quoted image]

Yikes. Seller had to be a dick about it. I guess you hurt their feelings.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from creepykenny:

eh, hold out for a single player wedge head, with most EM's the four player machines just aren't as much fun since the play field resets after each player plus they weight a shit ton

Gottlieb Kingpin would be pretty sweet but you rarely see them for sale.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

It's sad what EM's command these days price-wise.
Just sayin'.

Unless you are selling. I don't see this Title come up often around here.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Unless you are selling. I don't see this Title come up often around here.

I was speaking primarily as a seller.

#30 5 years ago

I was speaking primarily as a seller.

I understand. My estimate is based on what I know will need to be put into it labor and parts. After 60+ hours and 200 bucks in parts no way would I give it away, I notice one for sale here for 1250 which is more in line for a nice machine. The missing lock bar is troubling too.
Location is important as well, this machine would quickly be snapped up at 500-600 in my area (with lock bar).
Not pointing fingers but it seems some have vested interest in keeping prices low for EMs ignoring the Market dynamics for Pinball. That is why I would never ask anyone on Pinside to place a value on a machine, just as the fox is never employed as Security for a hen house.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I understand. My estimate is based on what I know will need to be put into it labor and parts. After 60+ hours and 200 bucks in parts no way would I give it away, I notice one for sale here for 1250 which is more in line for a nice machine. The missing lock bar is troubling too.
Location is important as well, this machine would quickly be snapped up at 500-600 in my area (with lock bar).
Not pointing fingers but it seems some have vested interest in keeping prices low for EMs ignoring the Market dynamics for Pinball. That is why I would never ask anyone on Pinside to place a value on a machine, just as the fox is never employed as Security for a hen house.

I agree. If this machine was across the river in Indiana or within an hour drive it would soon be in my basement for $500, as long as it wasn’t totally trashed on the inside.

It seems to me that I rarely see 70s EMs or late 70s SSs come up on EBay or Craigslists that are reasonably priced unless they are total projects. One exception right now is a Bally Eight Ball on EBay and the current bid is $810 with 4 days to go. Says the machine plays well and backglass is original and in good shape. Got some pretty serious wear between the slingshots but it probably going to fetch close to $1000 or more by time the auction ends. Some will say that a high number but it seems pretty fair to me.

I don’t like overpaying either but at my age, life’s too short to wait for the perfect deal.

#32 5 years ago

It also looks like if you want people to bid on your EM or early SS (minus a few titles) don’t set the starting price at $500+.

#33 5 years ago

This was a good deal for someone, just too far away for me.

511DABEB-DDB1-4C8C-A32C-308486D54E5E (resized).png511DABEB-DDB1-4C8C-A32C-308486D54E5E (resized).png
#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

I agree. If this machine was across the river in Indiana or within an hour drive it would soon be in my basement for $500, as long as it wasn’t totally trashed on the inside.
It seems to me that I rarely see 70s EMs or late 70s SSs come up on EBay or Craigslists that are reasonably priced unless they are total projects. One exception right now is a Bally Eight Ball on EBay and the current bid is $810 with 4 days to go. Says the machine plays well and backglass is original and in good shape. Got some pretty serious wear between the slingshots but it probably going to fetch close to $1000 or more by time the auction ends. Some will say that a high number but it seems pretty fair to me.
I don’t like overpaying either but at my age, life’s too short to wait for the perfect deal.

I'm down to a last few truly classic EM - albeit project - games from my former extensive collection. I might consider offering them for sale, but it seems that the market mentality is that EM's in general aren't worth more than a few hundred dollars regardless of gameplay quality and collectibility.

#35 5 years ago

I'm down to a last few truly classic EM - albeit project - games from my former extensive collection. I might consider offering them for sale, but it seems that the market mentality is that EM's in general aren't worth more than a few hundred dollars regardless of gameplay quality and collectibility.

It’s kind of sad in a way. Especially when you consider how marvelous these machines really are and how they function. I almost felt guilty paying only $400 for a beautiful Space Mission a couple of months ago. I just sit back in amazement at how flawlessly this 43 year old machine plays now with only a few minor adjustments. I wonder what happens to the market for these machines when most of us die off in 20-30 years. They bring me a lot of stress relief and fun. That’s worth a lot.

#36 5 years ago

There is a premium EM Market, it just rarely shows its face among "low hanging fruit". You can bet machines serviced by some of the big names are not selling for peanuts, rather, the deals are kept quiet.
List an EM for a fair price and the e-mails and text messages begin, trying to talk you down, embarrass you for your price, compare it to the car market. They want your machine, they just don't want to pay a fair price, so they can flip it or brag about how cheap they got it.
Be patient, ignore the price police, stick to your price. There are new people coming into the hobby that have no qualms paying for a clean working machine and have no knowledge of the "Rules" set by mossbacks still living in the 80's.
Now project machines are another story, a 68 Camaro on blocks with a frozen engine missing parts won't be worth what a running complete example will bring.
That's the last cargument I will ever post.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

There is a premium EM Market, it just rarely shows its face among "low hanging fruit". You can bet machines serviced by some of the big names are not selling for peanuts, rather, the deals are kept quiet.
List an EM for a fair price and the e-mails and text messages begin, trying to talk you down, embarrass you for your price, compare it to the car market. They want your machine, they just don't want to pay a fair price, so they can flip it or brag about how cheap they got it.
Be patient, ignore the price police, stick to your price. There are new people coming into the hobby that have no qualms paying for a clean working machine and have no knowledge of the "Rules" set by mossbacks still living in the 80's.
Now project machines are another story, a 68 Camaro on blocks with a frozen engine missing parts won't be worth what a running complete example will bring.
That's the last cargument I will ever post.

That makes sense, especially when I see places like PinRescue on YouTube. I just don’t know what to make of all the places that keep advertising that 78 Kiss for $9000 or the Bally Nip It for $2850 and the Pinball Depot in Quebec Canada that keeps posting overpriced machines that look worse than my 4 humble pins. Here’s what I paid for my 4. All bought on eBay.

In 2008- $1080 for 80’ Bally Nitro Ground Shaker. This machine was babied by the previous owner and played perfectly for 10 straight years other than a few bad lamp sockets. Have spent almost nothing on it since purchase but it now needs a new Sound Board. ($120).

In 2018- $890 for a 77’ Bally Eight Ball. This one looked nice when I bought it other than it had a cheap reproduction backglass that I’ve since replaced with a nice Translite one. It had old boards so I recently put in a new LDB and I had to put in a new rectifier board. It has had to have some minor upgrades such as new flippers, rubbers and a few transistors. Have spent about $400 on it since owning.

In 2018- $910 for a 76’ Bally Aladdin’s Castle. Minor issues and upgrades. Solid machine. Have about $100 in it since purchase.

In 2019- $400 for a 76’ Williams Space Mission. Same as the 76 AC. Solid machine and beautiful. Have about $100 in it since purchase.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

This was a good deal for someone, just too far away for me.
[quoted image]

That was a sham auction by a local shyster who re-lists things under different accounts. It originally sold for $610, but then resurfaced days later with this description, ”I just purchased this great machine from a very well known, respected eBay seller. I am unable to pay the shipping from Minneapolis so I have relisted it here.”

Riiiiight.

#39 5 years ago
#40 5 years ago

Gottliebs were the Cadillac of EMs overall and Fast Draw/Quick Draw is one of my favorites. Good luck with your future acquisition of one!

Do Cadillacs have latch-trip relays with about 2 mm worth of play that can be virtually impossible to keep working for any length of time if they are finicky, and render the cars completely undriveable if so?

Then yes, Gottliebs are the Cadillacs of pinball.

#41 5 years ago

I'd drive a plywood Cadillac with a Morrison mural on the hood.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

No, it wasn’t a “sham auction”. I contacted the original seller and was told all was good. Even spoke to him over the phone. I was the second highest bidder. The auction was legit.
[quoted image]

Ouch, my first downvote!

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do Cadillacs have latch-trip relays with about 2 mm worth of play that can be virtually impossible to keep working for any length of time if they are finicky, and render the cars completely undriveable if so?

In general, compared to Wms and Bally games, Gottliebs were Cadillacs. Despite the Ax and Bx relays on their later games

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

Ouch, my first downvote!

Didn’t want to be the first. It’s gone. Was very Leary about bidding on that auction. Did seem like a scam at the time.

#45 5 years ago

Looks like they accepted $350 for the Fast Draw and ended the auction.

ebay.com link: 0

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Looks like they accepted $350 for the Fast Draw and ended the auction.

ebay.com link

How do you know it sold for $350.00? Best Offer price is never revealed by eBay which I wish they would change. Did you or a friend buy it?

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

How do you know it sold for $350.00? Best Offer price is never revealed by eBay which I wish they would change. Did you or a friend buy it?

No, I don’t know who bought it. It did seem strange to me the way it ended. On my watch list it said “Auction ended” and $0.00 but when I clicked on ‘bids’ it said 1 bidder, 1 bid- $350. After you mentioned that, I’m guessing that someone bid $350 and they either sold it for that or got pissed and ended the auction early.

#48 5 years ago

Wow. I messaged them to see if they sold it or were going to re-list it and they responded by saying it’s sold and that the people are coming to get it tomorrow morning..... but if I wanted to offer them more money then they would cancel the sale with the other people. Integrity be damned.

#49 5 years ago

It looks like there was one bid for $500

#50 5 years ago

T

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LOL, now you have done it.

Gottlieb was great with design and playability in general, but when it comes to reliability, the myth doesn't equal the reality in my experience.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-fast-draw-on-ebay- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.