(Topic ID: 25702)

Gottlieb " Fast Draw " Make-n Oldschool lOOk Fun !!

By BLACK_ROSE

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by hoov
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Yukon_Special-.jpg
Yukon_Special.jpg
#1 11 years ago

My 1st 6 Pin's of over 200 were Oldschool .. This is a Great video ,, PAPA

#2 11 years ago

Old School Rocks!!!! Disagree with the announcer though about testing the tilt just because you have five balls.........these machines will not allow you to score a gazillion points like the new machines do.....just saying. Find an old school player and you'll pay dearly for that approach!

#3 11 years ago

Learned rules and when to nudge from old school.

Some of the simplest games are very fun.

Thanks for sharin BR

#4 11 years ago

Is this the first time PAPA has recorded an EM tournament game?

#5 11 years ago

No. Check pinball.org/videos and you'll see a long list of games, including many EMs. Target Pool, Monaco, and Gator come to mind, but there are more.

1 week later
#6 11 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Old School Rocks!!!! Disagree with the announcer though about testing the tilt just because you have five balls.........these machines will not allow you to score a gazillion points like the new machines do.....just saying. Find an old school player and you'll pay dearly for that approach!

Don't most EMs tilt your whole game away if you tilt, not the ball?

#7 11 years ago

If you wanna relive that EM feeling B_R, I'm bringing my Yukon Special to the auction on Dec 1st.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

Don't most EMs tilt your whole game away if you tilt, not the ball?

In a word, no.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

This is a Great video ,, PAPA

Great Video Indeed!!

Thanks for sharing.

EM's make you work for those short lived balls, but I wouldn't want it any other way.

Ken

#10 11 years ago

If you wanna relive that EM feeling B_R, I'm bringing my Yukon Special to the auction on Dec 1st.

A 1- Player Pin ,, Hmmm .. What are you gonna want out of it ? Lists for $ 625 in Mr Pin PGB
But 4-Real , My wife & girls would like it , but it wouldn't stay long !!

Yukon_Special.jpgYukon_Special.jpg Yukon_Special-.jpgYukon_Special-.jpg

#11 11 years ago

What's that bear up to?
I'd like to have an EM or two. Not a big fan of the itty-bitty flippers on some of them though.

http://pinball.org/videos/gameplay-videos/yukon/

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

What's that bear up to?
I'd like to have an EM or two. Not a big fan of the itty-bitty flippers on some of them though.
http://pinball.org/videos/gameplay-videos/yukon/

Yah whats going on there!

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from rplante:

In a word, no.

I guess Gottlieb Atlantis is the exception not the rule then

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

I guess Gottlieb Atlantis is the exception not the rule then

Pretty sure my Top Card ended your game on tilt as well. We had a tourney here in Dallas using a local person's Atlantis...was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the strategy on that game, and the huge wall of drop targets that gives a ton of points if you manage to hit 2 at once.

I would definitely own one given the space and opportunity.

#15 11 years ago

Whats a nice Fast Draw go for anyhoo?

4 months later
#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

I got a rough, non working one for $200. Not sure how that compares to what it's worth but it got me a project to work on. If I had to guess I think most people would have turned it down for that price but I'm (mostly) enjoying working on it. Until I get it going I'll probably watch this video a million more times.

#17 11 years ago

Some EM games had an operator adjustment for the tilt-whether it's 'ball in play' or whole game. (perhaps that varies depending on single player vs. multi player) I remember that comment on the PAPA video and thought the same thing. PAPA does tend to set their tournament games really tight. I usually set mine loose so I can nudge it some and work on those skills.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

Unshopped $200 - $600. Shopped $600 - $800, more for excellent condition. Like real estate, location matters too.

Nice ones with great playfields and backglasses are tough to find.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-fast-draw-make-n-oldschool-look-fun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.