9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Z1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdapolito.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

well i got the game to reset and it will play a game now after cleaning and adjusting the switches the
ax switch seemed to be alot of the problem .the only thing now is the score reels wont reset when the replay button is pushed .if i manually push in the z1 and z2 relays while the machine is in the reset process the score reels will reset.
the rest of the game works properly
only other thing is the first ball relay is activated as soon as any ball scores points ,and it stays activated until the ball drains.Is this nml?
and after the last ball is played the game over light does not go on ,it did but it doesnt any more,the bulb and socket are good , Game over relay?
thanks for all the help

#3 9 years ago

Ok looked at schematic it is switches or studs 20 and 21 but how are these positions numbered and there is also a switch p5b is that also on the player unit in the back.if everything else is working can it still be the ax.looks like its a make break on the ax that controls these. Othanks for the help

#6 9 years ago

Ok the ax switch looks good making good contact when latched .cleaned the player unit the wipersseem to be making good contact on the studs .wires look good not loose .could this be a switch on the cams of the player unit and is this the location of the p5b mentioned in the schematics thanks again

#8 9 years ago

Yes when I manually close the 1 and z2 the reels reset to zero

#10 9 years ago

No I don't think so but I'll have someone else push replay while I look.what if they don't?

#12 9 years ago

I know position 20 and 21 I'm not sure which are these positions in think somewhere around 11 o'clock the player unit sweeps all the way around .it doesnt seem to stop any where else until the two "floating"brushes that are connected reach about 5 oclock.this is the only thing I can't get the game to do I got everything else working . I'll Che k and see if they try to pull in

#14 9 years ago

ok i made some progress and a set back . i worked on the plater unit tonite ,there is a wire connecting the two spring loaded contacts.any way i was looking at the fifth disc the second one from the backglass that is .because i believe this is where switch p5b is . i was trying to adjust the second switch from the cam it looked like is was always making contact with the copper below it .any way in order to do this and clean the other switches i noticed these switches were all mounted on a metal plate that could be removed from the bracket for easier access to the switches.in doing this i noticed that one end was mounted on top of the bracket (the end toward the back glass ) the other end was mounted below the bracket screwed in from underneath with the screws actually going thru the threaded main bracket first .i reversed this mounting both ends on top of the bracket ,which is actually much easier. turned it on hit replay the score reels reset to zero,but now nothing scores ,i can hear the switches firing under the playfield but no score or player number lights until i get to player four which lights properly and scores ,and resets when replay button is hit .also when i first did this using only one player,ball count was right but it never went to game over .
ok so i know i messed up but it must be in the player unit and which stack of switches does this involve .are any of the switches always supposed to be on,closed.i am mainly thinking of the very top switches of the stacks .some of them always seems to be closed i believe .im in the house now ,the game is in the garage and i quit for the night . one step forward i guess.
also all score reels seem to reset as a score was on player one when hit replay for the first time after my "adjustment"

#16 9 years ago

ok i put the bracket on the player unit back together the way it was.
Now when i push replay button here's what happens:
the reset process starts all score reels try to reset ,player four has some problems
the 10's keeps firing but score reel doesn't turn good ,?dirty?
even when i get it to zero the thing keeps firing like it wants to turn ,i think its the 0 setting on the switch maybe
the 1000's wheel doesnt want to reset ,it doesn't fire at all during this
but during game play all players and score reels score properly
what i did this morning was manually put the 1000's to zero
put the 10's to zero and while the switch on the 10's score reels is still firing i push in the selenoid on the player unit once the reset completes and i can play the game.
I think i am really close now,does it sound like the problem is in the player 4 score 10's reel ?
and thanks for the help and patience

#19 9 years ago

ok ill check it out.i fixed the 10's reel on player 4 ,now the first three players reset fine ,and all the numbers on player 4 reset fine
except the 1000's wont do anything during reset ,when i put the 1000's to zero manually the game is ready to go,tomorrow ill check the middle switch on the 1000's reel if no help i'll look at z2 ,,so i take it a switch on z2 isnt make good contact?
and lastly ,this one is minor ,no lights on the player 3 score reels light during player 3's turn .i didnt check the bulbs but i thought it was unusual that none work .
thanks again for helping me bring this one back to life

#21 9 years ago

SUCCESS!! Thanks to all of your help this pinball is playing again !!
As for the 1000's in player four not resetting it was a switch in Z2 not closing good enough ,looked good to my eye but when used a small screwdriver to both contacts of a switch the score reset to zero ,adjusted switch and fixed (cross my fingers)
As for the lights one socket had oxidation the other bulbs were all burned out .
So thanks for holding my hand thru this one .Your a very knowledgeable and patient group .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdapolito.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-fast-draw-game-score-reels-wont-reset?tu=jdapolito and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.