• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by baldtwit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

just got a gottlieb fast draw pinball
when it turn the power button on it all lights up but the game over relay and the 1st ball relay switches are both stuck on .i checked the switches in the score motor since i saw that the score motor switches 3a and 1 c have to do with both these relays
i looked at the switches and cleaned to contacts,at least i think i cleaned the right switches and they seems to be making good contact when needed,after i cleaned the switches the switches are still stuck on . anything else to check .
Also there is a single wire coming from the "score motor " motor with a single "pin" plug on the end.when i first got the game this pin plug when plugged into the slot that did not have a wire soldered to it .nothing was happening ,so i plugged it into the slot next to it ,this slot had a yellow wire with red tracer soldered to it and the score motor cycled and then stopped in i believe the rest position to start a new game ,is this the right slot that it should be in ?
anyway the game over relay and 1st ball relay are still stuck on ,thanks in advance for all the help

#2 9 years ago

That's the score motor service plug (aka 'service jack'), and should be in the hole that has the wire attached to it in order for the score motor to run. So sounds like you've got it back in the right spot now.

#3 9 years ago

ok thanks

6 years later
#4 2 years ago

Hi.
I have a Fast Draw with a similar problem, and I wonder if anyone can help.

When the game starts up, everything resets but no ball is launched into the chute. However, if I add a credit, it launches. Same happens next ball. I have to insert another coin, then the ball launches fine. And so on to the end of the game. I have just seen also that if I add a player before the first ball, it is launched, as if I had added credits.

I have just put the game into free play, but nothing has changed with this issue.

Any ideas where I should start looking?

Thanks in advance.

#5 2 years ago

What happens if you rotate the score motor 1/3 of a turn instead of inserting a coin?

#6 2 years ago

if the ball is sitting in the outhole after game reset, the O relay should be powered and the score motor should run.

if the O relay is powered but the score motor isn't running, check the switch on the O relay with RED-WH and YEL+RED wires.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-fast-draw-game-over-relay-and-1st-ball-relay-stuck-on and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.