(Topic ID: 286847)

Gottlieb Fast Draw drop targets not resetting between turns.

By MrFisty

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Dono
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 months ago

My 1975 Gottlieb Fast Draw starts and scores normally but when the turn is over the drop targets and playfield for that matter do not reset. It does this for single player and multi-player. The drop target otherwise functions normally and will reset when all targets are knocked down. I have schematics and spent more than a few hours trying to chase this issue. I need to figure this out so I can move on to my next pin repair....

#2 8 months ago

Sounds like your sequence bank may not be resetting. If that bank coil isn't firing - focus on schematic around 23H (Sequence Bank Reset) coil... it gets tripped by a P relay switch (Add player unit relay) and orange-purple 3B motor switch. check for dirt and/or adust switch for proper make and overtravel. Let us know.

#3 8 months ago

Thanks.. I figured it was something around there but I kept looking towards K not P. I'll check it out in a few.

#4 8 months ago

So this is what I ended up doing thanks to Dono's suggestion. I started at the the score motor and cleaned and re-gapped the contacts on 3B and 2D. I then tested and still no change. I changed the 2A slow blow fuses that the purple, blue, and yellow wires connected. I had spare and its easier to just swap them. Still nothing. I checked the drop targets switches and made sure nothing was sticking. I then checked the contacts on K and P. Both K and P had a suspect gaps on one of their switches so I cleaned and re-gapped all of the switches. Started another game and wouldn't you know it.....success.. Thanks for the help. This one has been bugging me but it looks like after what seems like forever I have a working Fast Draw again.

#5 8 months ago

Glad you got it going... you can always check fuses via continuity setting on your DMM. Also DT switches aren't in the circuit for reset at next ball/player, just a FYI. Great game by the way, it's next in my restoration queue.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside