• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Far Out chart (resized).JPG
Far Out PU (resized).JPG
74FA69A3-E3C6-44C7-B0DA-DF4C2E6B2C83 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Peruman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I’ve had this Far Out for about a year and it’s been working with no issues. Over Thanksgiving, multiple 1-4 player games were run with no problem and a couple days ago I played several single player games also with no issues.

Tried playing tonight with no luck. It will run through a full reset cycle, but then gets stuck on Player 1, Ball 1 - no matter if it’s a single or multi-player game.

Looking at the schematic where the Add Player Unit coil is, I think the reset cycle works thru the NC Z1 and Z2 switches, as 1A pulses, then the Player Unit coil fires and the score reels are reset. All this work well. Games resets everything and kicks a ball out.

When the ball goes into the outhole and gets kicked out, it goes over the Trough Switch which fires the P coil which should close the NO P switch on the Add Player Unit circuit. This is where something is not working. When the ball goes over the Trough Switch, the P coil fires, the P switch closes, but the Add Player Unit coil barely moves, almost like a twitch.

Looking at the full chain of switches on the Add Player Unit circuit, the first one on the right is the NC XB switch, this one operates well since the Outhole Kicker works no problem. Next I checked NO SB switch, the NO P switch, and score motor switch 1A with a multimeter, all work well. I have not tried jumpering these switches yet.

Could the issue be that one of the NC score reel reset switches has all of a sudden gone highly resistive so not enough power is getting to the Add Player Unit coil to make it fire?

I’m just trying to understand why the Add Player Unit coil barely fires when the ball rolls over the Trough switch when it fires with no issues during the reset cycle.

Thanks

Alberto

74FA69A3-E3C6-44C7-B0DA-DF4C2E6B2C83 (resized).jpeg74FA69A3-E3C6-44C7-B0DA-DF4C2E6B2C83 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#4 1 year ago

Thanks for all the help gents! It was the NO switch on Motor 2C. It had a high resistance when closed. Cleaned and adjusted it and the game played great through a Christmas celebration where all my pins saw lots of games pit through them.

Happy Holidays!

Alberto

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Peruman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-far-out-stuck-at-player-1-ball-1?tu=Peruman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.