3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
#1 3 years ago

Need some help. I’m working on. Gottlieb Hot Shot for a friend it has had a bunch of issues and I think I’m down to the last one. He doesn’t have a Schematic in the game so I’m just going by what I have found (see) to fix what I have. Here is the last issue when you finish the last ball the game will light up the match number but not the game over and the score motor keeps turning and it keeps firing to reset the drop targets that are all back up. What I see is at power up is the game pulls in the ZB 1st ball relay the QB1 game over relay and the QB2 game over switch no coil. If a play a game and finish it last ball drained I don’t see that it pulls in the these three only if I turn the game off and then back on. So wondering what pulls them in when you turn on the games and what should pull them in when you finish a game?

#2 3 years ago

Here are some things that I have found and have straightened out most of the other issues. 1st the O ball return relay it had a few blades in the wrong position keeping them always closed. This was the games first problem it always stayed on ball 1 even after you drained it would just kick out ball 1 again. I have cleaned these all up and adjusted them not 100% sure this may still be some of my problem? The more I cleaned and adjusted the better things got. It would also reset a drop target as soon as it went down and I think it was trying to add up the bonus when it did. I have all of that working now. You can play through all three balls drops work bonus works ball advances just the end game issue.

#3 3 years ago

The other thing that I found was there was no Spring on the Z1 relay the game was having a issue where sometimes as you were playing player 1 it would put a 100 points or so on another player’s position I think this was causing that? So back to my last issue the game not truly ending and game over lighting but more importantly everything stop trying to reset. Thanks in advance for help and advice.

#4 3 years ago

This is from Big Shot, but hopefully the same. I think the problem might be that XB (Last Ball relay) sw.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#5 3 years ago

Got it fixed it was in the O ball return relay. There was one set of contacts just didn’t want to make a good contact. Several cleanings did all the methods I know and several times adjusting that one set I finally got it working.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-end-of-game-issue-?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.