DSC_0396.JPG
DSC_0395.JPG
serial number.JPG
2015Apr25 007.JPG
2015Apr25 006.JPG
2015Apr25 005.JPG
2015Apr25 004.JPG
#1 8 years ago

Thought I'd set up a couple games each from what I believe is the peak year from each decade for Gottlieb games: 1954, 1965, and 1975. Not all of them have been given the full rebuild/resto treatment (yet), but they are all playable at least. Decided to just take a few shortcuts and put them up to enjoy sooner. (Have a spot for 1977-78 games too, as those are among my favorites.)

I'd probably swap out Abra in lieu of El Dorado, but I don't have El Dorado ready yet (Abra would get its own special place!).

2015Apr25 004.JPG2015Apr25 004.JPG 2015Apr25 005.JPG2015Apr25 005.JPG 2015Apr25 006.JPG2015Apr25 006.JPG 2015Apr25 007.JPG2015Apr25 007.JPG
#2 8 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for posting these pictures and the logic behind the pairings. I have been collecting 70s Gottliebs for a while and have not been exposed to many of the earlier models. That Cowpoke looks like fun. I will have to find one to play some day.

#3 8 years ago

Yowza! Looks great df. So Abra gets it's own spot...interesting. I'd have a hard time picking a favorite out of those.
Dave

#4 8 years ago

Daisy May and Dragonette look awesome together!

For me 1954 is the greatest year as when I look at the titles that came out that year - amazing.

#5 8 years ago

Love the reflection of the tile floor in the shiny legs of K&Q's & CP! Great choices. If I were there I would hang out with the woodies for awhile

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Thought I'd set up a couple games each from what I believe is the peak year from each decade for Gottlieb games: 1954, 1965, and 1975. Not all of them have been given the full rebuild/resto treatment (yet), but they are all playable at least. Decided to just take a few shortcuts and put them up to enjoy sooner. (Have a spot for 1977-78 games too, as those are among my favorites.)
I'd probably swap out Abra in lieu of El Dorado, but I don't have El Dorado ready yet (Abra would get its own special place!).

2015Apr25 004.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

These illuminated EM lineup pictures are great for my computer desktop. Thanks!

#7 8 years ago

Beautiful machines, Dirt! Makes me happy just seeing that line of beauties! I aspire to someday have a collection that's CLOSE to as nice as that!

#8 8 years ago

'54, '65, and '75 were some of the better years for Gottlieb.

#9 8 years ago

Got to get me a woody

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Got to get me a woody

i got one looking at the pictures...

#11 8 years ago

And there are zero Daisy May videos on the internet.

Would love to see one

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And there are zero Daisy May videos on the internet.
Would love to see one

I have a video of the one I had. I will try and find it and post it

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

of the one I had

Had? Any idea where it ended up?

#14 8 years ago

No doubt about 1975: Atlantis,Abra Ca Dabra,El Dorado,Fast Draw,Pin Up.I love too 1963: Gigi,Slick Chick and Square Head

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Had? Any idea where it ended up?

it went to a friend in Allentown the he traded it to someone Midwest I believe.
it was a sample game but no real differences from production

DSC_0395.JPGDSC_0395.JPG DSC_0396.JPGDSC_0396.JPG serial number.JPGserial number.JPG
#16 8 years ago

Neat. Thanks for sharing! Wonder where it is now?

#17 8 years ago

That's a nice looking collection.

I always wondered if the 100 points when lit red bumper cap for Cowpoke was original or not. I have one in mine as well.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from jjpm:

I always wondered if the 100 points when lit red bumper cap for Cowpoke was original or not.

I believe it is, yes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-ems-classic-year-from-each-decade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.