(Topic ID: 96886)

Gottlieb EM Twin Hockey Game ........ anyone?

By meSz

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by WOLF
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SilverSkates.jpg

#1 9 years ago

Not too much information on this machine, even to the point that IPDB states that it's not certain if the game was ever put into production! Does anyone have any additional information on this machine and if, by chance, anyone has one they're looking to sell please PM me!

#2 9 years ago

dang mesz... you ARE a hockey nut, aren't you?

hmmm... who might know? dennis dodel might... maybe alexf, he has knowledge of obscure items like this...

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

dang mesz... you ARE a hockey nut, aren't you?
hmmm... who might know? dennis dodel might... maybe alexf, he has knowledge of obscure items like this...

Agh is it bad when someone you don't know sees that you have a problem????

#4 9 years ago

Mr. Pinball Price Guide states less than 10 made and the value is $$$$$

Super rare and talk about finding a needle in a haystack!

Here's a link from Clay's site: http://www.pinrepair.com/gtb/twinhoc.htm

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Mr. Pinball Price Guide states less than 10 made and the value is $$$$$
Super rare and talk about finding a needle in a haystack!
Here's a link from Clay's site: http://www.pinrepair.com/gtb/twinhoc.htm

Thanks hoov! With less than 10 made I cant imagine how many have survived! If someone comes across one let me know!!! I would love nothing more to have it and I will give it to the wife as an anniversary gift!!!

#6 9 years ago

1952 and 10 made....Good luck with that.

#7 9 years ago

I'm guessing if you could shake one loose it would probably be crazy money. Maybe Mermaid money, but you can't blame a guy for trying. It's too bad it never made into production it looks really interesting.

#8 9 years ago

How about a Silver Skates? With some luck and a little patience you may be able to dig one of those up.

SilverSkates.jpgSilverSkates.jpg
#9 9 years ago

Steve Young at PBR now has all the original Gottlieb files and paperwork on hand (and it's a stunning collection of stuff). He may be able to shed a bit more light on it, if the file for it survived.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I'm guessing if you could shake one loose it would probably be crazy money. Maybe Mermaid money, but you can't blame a guy for trying. It's too bad it never made into production it looks really interesting.

Agree, thought it would be a neat game to have but appears to be a pipe dream!

Quoted from AlexF:

How about a Silver Skates?

Such the tease Alex

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

and I will give it to the wife as an anniversary gift!!!

you either:

- have a wife like mine, who is incredibly tolerant of my foibles...

or

- are a VERY brave man...

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Such the tease Alex

i kinda like "silver skates"... molentin artwork, and looks like it might be pretty fun to play...

wonder if you could find one?

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i kinda like "silver skates"... molentin artwork, and looks like it might be pretty fun to play...
wonder if you could find one?

I've seen two or three for sale in the last couple years.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

oooo.... the underground pinball railroad isn't THAT far from pittsburgh...

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Really? I'm not sure if I should be bummed or relieved I didn't see them. Lead me not into temptation...

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Really? I'm not sure if I should be bummed or relieved I didn't see them. Lead me not into temptation...

yes, really. One was on ebay, a couple on CL. All sold and gone of course.

Probably cyclical though, so won't have any appear for another ten years....

#17 9 years ago

I've got some time then...

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I've got some time then...

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

- are a VERY brave man...

The wife loved the 6 tap draft system I installed for me. I mean her!!!!

Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Great, another hockey machine on the list!!! So now I am after a Silver Skates and Twin Hockey (dreams)!

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

The wife loved the 6 tap draft system I installed for me. I mean her!!!!

Great, another hockey machine on the list!!! So now I am after a Silver Skates and Twin Hockey (dreams)!

Don't forget the Bally Silver Skates. http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=silver+skates&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#2151

#21 9 years ago

Why doesn't this surprise me? 10 of these games made and you have 1 of them. Kinda like a beer-can car.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from WOLF:

Why doesn't this surprise me? 10 of these games made and you have 1 of them. Kinda like a beer-can car.

I don't have one of them and leave my beer can car out of this!!!

#23 9 years ago

My mistake, took it as you found one, being the lucky bastard you are!! \

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from WOLF:

My mistake, took it as you found one, being the lucky bastard you are!! \

Unfortunately, as you can see from the above post, this is one of those rare machines and, more than likely, unobtainable! IF I would find one I may have to sell the beer can car to get it (that's not going to happen)!

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Unfortunately, as you can see from the above post, this is one of those rare machines and, more than likely, unobtainable! IF I would find one I may have to sell the beer can car to get it (that's not going to happen)!

LOL, I don't blame you one bit!!

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Steve Young at PBR now has all the original Gottlieb files and paperwork on hand (and it's a stunning collection of stuff). He may be able to shed a bit more light on it, if the file for it survived.

so does steve plan to sell this stuff, or part of it?

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

please tell me you really have a beer can car... PICS!!!!!

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

please tell me you really have a beer can car... PICS!!!!!

Chris, look at this post for a pic https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-collector-cars

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

so does steve plan to sell this stuff, or part of it?

When I spoke with him last week, he mentioned he was contemplating how to make it available yet pay for the work of dealing with it.

#30 9 years ago
#31 9 years ago

Yea, that's pretty cool huh? How do explain the 'open container law' with that one?

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from WOLF:

Yea, that's pretty cool huh? How do explain the 'open container law' with that one?

Actually it's a full can that has not been opened.......yet.

Ken

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Actually it's a full can that has not been opened.......yet.
Ken

The "hood" opens up and there is a "tub" that holds a barrel of beer. The front of the car opens up where the "mouth" of the can is and there is a spout. The hood ornament is a tap handle. So it's a fully functional tap system in the front of the car. The engine is in the back!

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

The "hood" opens up and there is a "tub" that holds a barrel of beer. The front of the car opens up where the "mouth" of the can is and there is a spout. The hood ornament is a tap handle. So it's a fully functional tap system in the front of the car. The engine is in the back!

Has a whole new meaning for "Lets take the party on the road!" That car really means it!

Ken

#35 9 years ago

When MeSz yells 'road-trip' - he's not foolin' around!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-em-twin-hockey-game-anyone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.