Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BBC
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

zFar-Out-Work-05 (resized).jpg
zFar-Out-Work-04 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Hi. I have a 1974 gottlieb far out 4 player. I am having a slight problem with the start up sequence. Can someone please tell me what contact on the score motor triggers the U relay during the sequence? Thanks in advance!!!

#3 1 year ago

Hi BBC
the Far Out is my Number-ONE pin, greetings Rolf

zFar-Out-Work-04 (resized).jpg

#4 1 year ago

From the schematic, looks like 2B

#5 1 year ago

Motor switch 2C would be involved in the circuit to energize the U relay.
Switch 2B comes into play as part of the lock-in circuit.

#6 1 year ago

Thanks guys. I'll take a look tonight. I also just noticed the pop bumper lights never come on. Any ideas there? Thanks again

#7 1 year ago

Thanks guys!!! Not sure which contact did it, but the game resets great now.

I have 2 remaining minor annoyances. The A relay never activates.

Also, the pop bumpers are
Still not
Lighting up at all.

Thanks again for all of your ideas!!!

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from BBC:

Also, the pop bumpers are
Still not
Lighting up at all.

After watching 2 YouTube videos. It appears that the pops light with the switching of an alternating relay. When the lower right lane light is lit the pops should be lit, except the 1000 point pop (maybe). When the ball hits the pop it should light the pop bumpers. As for which alternating relay, you are going to have to check a schematic, or wait for another Pinsider reply.

Have you checked if the light bulbs in each of the pop bumpers are good?

#9 1 year ago

Thanks!! I have checked the bulbs, all are good. Looks like that alternating relay is my whole problem. Can't wait to dig into it tonight!!

Thanks for the help, never thought to check u tube!!

#10 1 year ago

Hi BBC
man, You are fast - already fixed the "U-Relay problem".

First I explain the logic of "my Number-ONE pin" - second You tell me what is "not working" - third You fix the problems - fourth You enjoy "Far Out".

I have taken the picture from ipdb. The Roll-Over-Button "A" is important. Every time the ball rolls over it: A little 5-step Stepper is stepped forward (actually two times five equals 10 positions).

The picture shows "beginning of "last ball in play" - "T" for "Double Bonus" is lit. At this moment the Drop-Down-Targets "2 3 4 5" are worth "500 points and ONE Bonus" --- because "B" is lit. The Drop-Down-Target "1" is worth "5000 points and TWO Bonus" --- because "B and at the same time D" is lit. The Drop-Down-Target "6" is worth "500 points and one Bonus" --- because "E" is lit. The Drop-Down-Targets "7 8 9 10" are worth "50 points, NO Bonus" --- because "no light".

Every time the "A" is rolled-over: The stepper steps forward - the "D" moves up (in our picture the "D" then does lights the "2" Drop-Down-Target. Synchronous the "E" moves down (in our picture the "E" then does lights the "7" Drop-Down-Target.
Again the "A" is rolled-over: the "D" moves up and at the same time the "E" moves down and again and again and again - we believe to see that the "D" and the "E" move synchronous around in a big circle - clockwise.
Every time the "A" is rolled-over: The stepper steps forward - the light changes from "B" to "C" - next time "A": The light changes back from "C" to "B" --- ALTERNATING.

The "F" is always lit and rewards You With "500 points and ONE Bonus".
The "G" and "H" change synchronous with "B and C" (as the ball rolls-over the "A") - You get "500 points and ONE bonus when lit" or You only get "50 points, unlit".
The "I" and "J" change synchronous with "B and C" (as the ball rolls-over the "A") - You get ...
The "K" and "L" change synchronous with "B and C" (as the ball rolls-over the "A") - You get ...
The "M" and "N" change synchronous with "B and C" (as the ball rolls-over the "A") - You get ....
The "O and P" give "500 points and ONE Bonus, unlit" -- when lit You get "500 points and ONE Bonus PLUS Special***".

The ball rolls through "K": A gate opens below "O" - a ball rolling through "O" is not lost - it will be kicked back to the playfield.
The ball rolls through "L": The Gate on the right opens above "P" - a ball rolling towards "P" is not lost - it rolls over to the Shooter-Alley.

Every time the "A" is rolled-over: The Bumpers "Q and R" are lit and give 100 points - respectively are turned-off / unlit) and give 10 points.
Every time the "A" is rolled-over: The Bumper "S" is lit and gives 1000 points - respectively is turned-off / unlit) and gives 100 points. "Q and R and S": Together lighted --- together unlit.

Playing the LAST Ball: "T" Double-Bonus is given --- in "all the balls before": YOU CAN GAIN Double-Bonus: Hit ALL ten Drop-Down-Targets (and You are rewarded with Double Bonus).
The Bonus-Ladder steps up to the maximum of 15 Bonus. When You have reached "15 Bonus": "O" or "P" get lit (both get lit and stay lit) - You then can make an Special*** REPLAY. Depending on Your settings THESE Lights on "O and P" show-up ALSO in Position "10 Bonus" (or "8" Bonus, "12" Bonus).

NOT only the "A" makes the stepper step forward one position - ALSO: Hitting the Bumpers "Q or R": Same effect as "rolling over the A".

So - question: WHAT is not working in Your "Far Out" ?, greetings Rolf

zFar-Out-Work-05 (resized).jpg

#11 1 year ago

Rolf - you are amazing. I have never seen anyone who puts as much time and effort into helping people solve pinball problems. Keep up the good work!

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Rolf - you are amazing. I have never seen anyone who puts as much time and effort into helping people solve pinball problems. Keep up the good work!

I agree. Thank you Rolf. You are a great asset to pinball. I've learned a lot from your posts.

#13 1 year ago

Thanks to everyone who helped me get this game working correctly!!!! Had time to dig into it last night and everyones ideas worked. thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!

The pop bumper lights are directly tied to the I relay. The reset problem was contacts on the score motor. 2B and 2C I believe.

Especially Rolf for all of the detail to help me out!!

Thanks, Brian

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.95
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 319.00
$ 149.00
Hardware
CPR Playfields
$ 27.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 109.99
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 27.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 25.00
$ 35.00
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside