Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MarkG
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I have a Ship Ahoy that can score either 5000 or 500 points when a lit or unlit rollover switch is triggered and the motor activates to award 5 times 1000/100. Sometimes if the play is fast enough, a 5000 point switch is activated and points ignored when the motor is already in motion still awarding a previous 500 point switch rollover. Is this normal that it can not buffer and score the 5000 points after it finishes scoring the 500 points, or should I be looking for a scoring problem? Thanks, Jeff.

#2 1 year ago

Jeff,

That is normal behavior, if a previous scoring action is still being completed by the score motor, then the trigger to start a new scoring action can be missed.

Alberto

#3 1 year ago

Thanks Alberto, you're keeping my hours. For some reason, the problem seems more prevalent on the older Ship Ahoy, wasn't sure if just a coincidence or something to look into.

#4 1 year ago

Often targets that say 50/500/5000 "When Lit" will go out briefly while the motor runs. That's because they won't register while the motor is running as Peruman said.

/Mark

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-em-scoring-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.