• Latest reply 6 years ago by newmantjn
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

schematic (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Looking for relay schematics that show each relays for my jungle queen and whether the switches in them need to be NO or NC. I have a schematic from PBR that doesn't seem to cover this. I also have the games manual. Noting there either.

Maybe I'm just reading this schematic wrong. Is there somewhere that explains how to read GTB schematics?

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Looking for relay schematics that show each relays for my jungle queen and whether the switches in them need to be NO or NC. I have a schematic from PBR that doesn't seem to cover this. I also have the games manual. Noting there either.
Maybe I'm just reading this schematic wrong. Is there somewhere that explains how to read GTB schematics?

The only place this would be is in the manual. Not all manuals (especially gottlieb's shitty ones) show it though. You can technically tell from the schematics by finding the correct switch by wire color and checking if the symbol there is NO or NC but it'd be a pain.

In general though you shouldn't need to use anything to verify this, unless you've taken all the relays apart for some reason. Just look at which side of the switch is the longer one that goes into the slot on the moving plastic piece. A normally open one needs to have the long one away from the coil, a normally closed needs to have it closer to the coil.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The only place this would be is in the manual. Not all manuals (especially gottlieb's shitty ones) show it though. You can technically tell from the schematics by finding the correct switch by wire color and checking if the symbol there is NO or NC but it'd be a pain.
In general though you shouldn't need to use anything to verify this, unless you've taken all the relays apart for some reason. Just look at which side of the switch is the longer one that goes into the slot on the moving plastic piece. A normally open one needs to have the long one away from the coil, a normally closed needs to have it closer to the coil.

Good thinking. Thank you. I am noticing that a lot of these switches on these relays are open or always closed whether the relay is engaged or not. That's not right in any case right?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Good thinking. Thank you. I am noticing that a lot of these switches on these relays are open or always closed whether the relay is engaged or not. That's not right in any case right?

Shouldn't be. Every of the longer blades (that actually move when the relay actuates) should be making and/or breaking contact with another shorter blade when the relay energizes. On gottliebs with their tiny relays sometimes this'll be really hard to see. Also note that often (esp on AX/BX relays) the longer blade will come out of its slot.

If you're seeing this all over the place I'd post some pictures to make sure you're checking it right before going and changing everything.

Don't forget to tighten switch stacks before adjusting!

#5 6 years ago

Thanks again. Does seem weird that I would need to do all kinds of adjusting but this has been in storage for over 5 years. Every stepper is gummed up too. I'll have a buddy come over to confirm that I need to adjust these relays I'm looking at to be sure.

The tip about the long blade of the switch and which side it's on was very helpful. Makes total sense. Thanks again.

#6 6 years ago

Are there issues with the game when you fired it up? I wouldn't start just adjusting a bunch of stuff. Remember the saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Are there issues with the game when you fired it up? I wouldn't start just adjusting a bunch of stuff. Remember the saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Oh yeah. Definitely one that doesn't even give my EMs a dirty look when they are working for fear that something messes up. Haha.

Fired up with numerous issues. Score reels not resetting, relays locking on when engaged, etc. And like I said, every stepper in the game is gummed up.

#9 6 years ago

The information is on the schematic. A = NO B = NC C = Make/Break. So, 4A = 4 NO switches.

schematic (resized).JPGschematic (resized).JPG

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from newmantjn:

The information is on the schematic. A = NO B = NC C = Make/Break. So, 4A = 4 NO switches.

But you can't tell which switch is which from that, can you?

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

But you can't tell which switch is which from that, can you?

Then you need to look at the wire colors to figure out which is which.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-em-relay-chart and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.