(Topic ID: 223506)

Gottlieb EM Printed Schematic Size (Hearts and Spades)

By PinFixin

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PinFixin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfixin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hey all,

I know the "standard" gottlieb printed schematic size is around like 18x30 or so. It's quite large. It's nice to have the larger copy to read it easily.

I recently picked up a Hearts and Spades, and did have a copy of the schematic, but it was all taped together. A buddy of mine collects schematics, and surprisingly he did not have this one. So I ordered one from Steve at PBR. The size of the taped up schematic I got with the game is about 12x18 and the copy Steve sent me is the same. It's real small to read all the details on the schematic.

I've been trying to research this, and without blowing it up on a scanner and re-copying to be able to read it, I was wondering if anyone else has a copy of this schematic and can confirm the smaller size, compared to all other Gottlieb EMs of this era? (60s-70s) Every other schematic I own, have looked at with my buddy at his house, as well as the ones I've bought from Steve are all the larger 18x30 or so size. It just seems strange Gottlieb would print out a smaller schematic for one game.

-Pat

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

I used to work in document management. Drawings usually have a title block in the bottom right corner that may have the original size listed. ANSI and ARCH sizes are by letter usually. ANSI D is 22x34 and ARCH D is 24x36. Some of the old ladder drawings I have seen for pinball are not a standard size besides the paper width... ie 11" wide by however long.
Is there a title block with any clues to paper size?

Aahh shoot Andrew. I forgot to look at this today when I measured both the schematic sizes. I'll take a look when I get out to my house tomorrow and see.

The reason I'm so particular about this, is I ordered a WMS Kingpin schematic from Planetary Pinball. The schematic was so small, and illegible, it's practically useless. I was able to get a full size copy of it from a friend of mine. When emailing PP, they basically just said "too bad, that's the only copy we have". That's why a full size legible version is on IPDB now.
At least the smaller size is somewhat legible, but difficult to read in certain spots. I just thought I was going through another issue I had with PP and their illegible schematic.

-Pat

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Hearts & Spades was on my bucket list ever since I played a mint one at “Mopars” in upstate NY 3 years ago. Fell in love with the game play and the unique backbox. I picked one up in trade this Spring . I’m redoing the cabinet, got a Webb glass, and I sent the PF to a restorer in TX.
My H&S schematic is taped inside my back door I’ll have to check out the size. I did have a reprinted PBR schematic for the replay version , Spin a Card, it was the smaller sized print.

Thanks for checking.

What's interesting about the game is, IPDB, and some other folks say there were 615 units made of this game. Tom Taylor (the add-a-ball guy), swears up and down there was only about 100ish made and it's extremely rare. I've heard of it a lot, and there are a lot of comments about people that have played it or have one in their collection, but it's interesting also to get the exact production number. It's a fun game, and I actually like it better than Spin-A-Card.

-Pat

1 week later
#12 5 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Just confirmed small size factory schematic inside of backbox door, small print too

Thanks everyone. How weird that they did smaller versions compared to larger.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfixin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-em-printed-schematic-size-hearts-and-spades?tu=pinfixin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.