• 14 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by DirtinLa
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gottlieb Jungle Princess schematic D-I  I0-14.pdf (PDF preview)
Gottlieb Jungle Princess schematic D-I  I0-14.pdf (PDF preview)
Gottlieb Jungle Princess schematic D-I 15-18.pdf (PDF preview)
#1 7 years ago

Machine resets perfect all reels go to 0 and everything resets but the ball doesn't kick out

If I manually push it to the shooter lane the trough switch is working

Once the ball leaves the playing field it gives you your bonus point but doesn/t kick the ball back to the shooter lane

the kicker works

checked AX BX O and P nothing out of place all switches are good

I jumped power to the yellow and red on the O and the ball eject relay fires fine

someone help me please?

#2 7 years ago

Check the bonus stepper unit, mounted on the underside of the PF. There should be a switch on that unit that closes to enable the ball return when the bonus count goes to zero. If that switch isn't making good contact, you will get the problem you are seeing.

- TimMe

#3 7 years ago

Thank you much but didn't get that lucky

#4 7 years ago

If you push in the O relay by hand, does it lock itself on, run the score motor, and fire the ball return kicker?

#5 7 years ago

score motor runs kicker does not fire if I jumper it the red and white fires the kicker

#6 7 years ago

OK - What I was asking was, does the O relay coil itself energize and lock on, or does the relay drop open as soon as you stop pushing on it with your finger?

#7 7 years ago

push in score motor turns let off and it stops the o relay does not catch

#8 7 years ago

OK, that's a good place to look next.

First, try jumpering power directly to the non-black-wire solder lug of the O relay coil and see if you can manually energize it. This will tell you if the coil itself is good.

If the coil is good, and you have the schematic, next you can check the switches in the circuit to the O relay coil and see if any N.C. switch is not making good contact. This would be a switch in the circuit after the O relay lock-in, so that narrows things down.

I don't have a schematic for your game, but on GTB games of this era, usually there is an NC switch on the AX relay and also on the game over relay that shut off all power to the O relay.

- TimMe

#9 7 years ago

Gottlieb Jungle Princess schematic D-I 15-18.pdfGottlieb Jungle Princess schematic D-I 15-18.pdf

#10 7 years ago

Here's the schematic

#11 7 years ago

coil is good

#12 7 years ago

went thru all the motor switches and they are fine

then I went back to Q and tweaked it and now when you manually push in O the score motor turns and the kicker firres

but the O relay doesn't lock in ... so I' m fixing to go back thru AX again

#13 7 years ago

ok on the AX just looked and tweaked to no avail... can you point me to what switch I need to look at please?

Gottlieb Jungle Princess schematic D-I  I0-14.pdfGottlieb Jungle Princess schematic D-I I0-14.pdf

#14 7 years ago

solved I followed the start sequence in the user manual step by step and check every switch at every step tiln I finally traced the problem

problem 1 was the q relay a NC switch looked close but wasn't

problem 2 was the AX I traced the O to the AX and it said the slate with a green trace I tweak that and it worked

HOOOORAAAAH

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-em-jungle-princess-not-ejecting-ball-at-all and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.