(Topic ID: 80062)

Gottlieb E.M. Gurus Need a little help!!

By BBC

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by BBC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Top Score sch 009.JPG
top score 002.JPG
StartPath.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BBC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

1st game Gottlieb Abracadabra; My first game ever and have had it for over 10 years. Always played great, never a problem til last night. Nothing happens when I hit the start button. Game has credits on it. I cleaned the contacts on the credit unit behind the backglass and they are gapped correctly. I cleaned the jones plug the coin door connects to near the fuses. The game does start and plays fine if i hit the start relay with my finger. Any ideas?

2nd Game Gottlieb Top Score Been fixing this up for a charity auction. game plays great, but will not award a credit for matches or high score thresholds.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Brian

#5 10 years ago

Thanks for the ideas. Headed down to try your thoughts now.

Not sure if it didn't work on both players. Will check..

Thanks

#6 10 years ago

Thanks guys, top score high threshold does not work for either play.

Cleaned 2 b on Abra, no change. Keep the ideas coming please. I will check out the high hand thread

Thanks, Brian

#12 10 years ago

Ok, A little progress on the abracadabra. I think I have a broken wire in the player unit. I jumped the start button together. After cleaning and checking the contacts in the playr unit, I was re attaching the unit and the game started. Seems like the slightest vibration will start it. It is not the contacts though.

Thanks for all the ideas!!!

Now I gotta get to the top score free game problem.

Thanks, Brian

#14 10 years ago

Yep, that's it!!

#18 10 years ago

You guys rock. Thanks again for all the ideas!!

#20 10 years ago

Ok guys, had a little time to spend with top score tonight. I can't find a max credit switch on the credit unit. All three contacts are closed all the time unless the credit unit is On zero. Also, I don't see a jumper for credit vs replay vs add aball jones plug. I'm stumped!!

#23 10 years ago

Thanks. I will take a look. Meant to mention that it will add a credit when when the ball goes over the star rollover to light special and then I hit the lit target. Also adds credits from the coin door/mech.

Thanks, Brian

1 week later
#30 10 years ago

Hey Dave, Thanks for the imput!!! I just cleaned the contacts in the 10000 reels and there is a wire off of each. I'm sure that is the problem. Is there anyway to trace what lug the green and orange wire is supposed to be attached to?

thanks, for all your help!!

Brian

#32 10 years ago

Hey Dave, got the first player playing correctly now by jumping the wire to the first lug, but the second player, when I try to jump it to any of the lugs, it seems to add the credits at the scoring threshold, but when I start anew game, and the score reels reset, it adds a credit for every 10000 it goes by to get to zero.

Thanks, Brian

1 week later
#36 10 years ago

I got a couple of these problems fixed and wanted to make sure to have them here for the archives.

Abracadabra It was the tilt in the head that was not making good contact.

As for the the top score, both of the wires that were off needed to be connected to the "C" on the bakelight board. Someone had to disconnect them on purpose.

You called it on the C HOov!!!!

Thanks for everyones help!!!

B

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BBC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-em-gurus-need-a-little-help?tu=BBC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.