9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by wayner
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2014Oct19 007.JPG
    2014Oct19 006.JPG
    #1 9 years ago

I picked up a game yesterday and along with it came a box of parts. However, the parts were for a different game (or so it seemed).

So I rummaged through the box and organized the parts a bit. They were at least all from a Gottlieb, but can you figure out which one?

2014Oct19 006.JPG2014Oct19 006.JPG
    2014Oct19 007.JPG2014Oct19 007.JPG

(Note: there are seven passive bumpers, and the caps are numbered 1-7, with 1-3 one color, and 4-7 another color.)

Probably not too hard to figure out; my first search of IPDB found it, but thought it curious to try. Knowing what game these came from at least helps to know where else the parts can be used in the future.

#2 9 years ago

Majorettes?

#3 9 years ago

Nope. Older than that.

#4 9 years ago

I see a 9....10....J....Q....K...something card related?

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from 82Trooper:

I see a 9....10....J....Q....K...something card related?

Yep! That's a major clue.

#6 9 years ago

I've reviewed all the Gottlieb games from 1940 to 1970 with 7 passive bumpers and come up empty.

Another clue perhaps?

#8 9 years ago

Looks like a winner.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

Gin Rummy?
    --Jeff

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Card theme, seven passive bumpers numbered 1-7 in those colors, four red flippers. Inserts with those points values and letters/numbers (plus the plain ones). All told the story that these once belonged to a Gin Rummy. Kinda bummed though, as that's a fairly rare game too.

Was fun to deduce what it was though.

#10 9 years ago

That was a tough one-no pic of Gin Rummy in Pinball Compendium-EM era just ref to the game being no 8 of top ten games voted by collectors & dealers in the 1940s.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-em-forensics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.