• Latest reply 11 years ago by Polonius
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

El_Dorado_door.jpg
#1 11 years ago

A "converted" El Dorado coin door. The start button was connected to the coin door slam switch! Most of the wires to the Jones plug were cut off as well. No wonder the owner said it didn't work. I used a donar door harness to get it back to original.

El_Dorado_door.jpgEl_Dorado_door.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Not sure who did that, but it could have been the original operator. Sometimes they would hack the crap out of the coin mech/wires/door to prevent the machines from being sold back to another operator and put back on route, competing with the original operator.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from newmantjn:

Not sure who did that, but it could have been the original operator. Sometimes they would hack the crap out of the coin mech/wires/door to prevent the machines from being sold back to another operator and put back on route, competing with the original operator.

Yea, that happen to my Gottlieb Bank Shot but I saved/repaired the original harness and got a few parts that were missing here and there and got it back working and looking 100%.

I just hate to see intentional hacks to destroy something that was original to a machine that worked fine just because of fear of competition from another operator. The reality is another operator would be able to find the parts anyway to get it back on the street so the hack really only hurts the collector IMHO.

Ken

#4 11 years ago

Hmmm.... odd ball hack to say the least

1 month later
#5 11 years ago

Hm... my 2001 wasn't working - it was cycling the reset sequence continuously. If I opened the slam switch it would quit. If I then closed it like a button, it would reset once and pop the ball into the shooter lane, starting a game. Could be the owner never got further in diagnosing than that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, CO
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-em-coin-door-hack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.