Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by CactusJack
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I am considering purchasing a Centigrade 37 without coin door. The specific door appears difficult to come buy but I note many system 80 coin doors advertised which appear identical apart from the plug ins. Is anyone aware whether the system 80 door will interchange please.

#2 10 years ago

I think that will work. The wiring will be different, so that may or may not be an issue for you. Perhaps there is a way to run a start button wire, without all the coin stuff. Once in a great while PBR has had a used one for sale,though don't think that's the case right now. Good luck.

#3 10 years ago

Physically it will work OK, but the wiring harness will not. Wouldn't be too bad to fabricate one, or it is possible to adapt one from an older style coin door too.

#4 10 years ago

You will find a 1977 coin door with the raised circle in the middle and a gottlieb white sticker on it. They are always on ebay.

I think this one is what you are looking for. The listing sayd "system 80" but I really think this one will work on a '77. Others will chime in

ebay.com link: Vintage Gottlieb Pinball Coin Door System 80

#5 10 years ago

That one has the SS wiring harness, not the EM.

#6 10 years ago

Thks to all. Yes I have been keeping on eye on the harness and where it has a plug in I have assumed it is not an EM door as in this case. I note this door also seems to include a microswitch-I am not sure the role of that switch.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Thks to all. Yes I have been keeping on eye on the harness and where it has a plug in I have assumed it is not an EM door as in this case. I note this door also seems to include a microswitch-I am not sure the role of that switch.

The white push button puts the SS game into test.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-em-coin-door-70s-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.