• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Mibs Gottlieb, 1969

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

91EFBD0D-3FCD-42AD-8550-E3F44B735133 (resized).png
D0781457-D8EE-4441-883A-FACF4E543DD9 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the-who.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I’m putting together an order from Marcos Specialties to replace the bumper skirts and platters on my three wedgeheads. Ice Revue and Cross Town both have circular skirts, but MIBS has the pointed skirts which Marcos does not supply in yellow, although they do have red.
Do these points serve any purpose or can I use the non-pointed skirts on MIBS too?

91EFBD0D-3FCD-42AD-8550-E3F44B735133 (resized).png91EFBD0D-3FCD-42AD-8550-E3F44B735133 (resized).pngD0781457-D8EE-4441-883A-FACF4E543DD9 (resized).pngD0781457-D8EE-4441-883A-FACF4E543DD9 (resized).png
#5 4 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

In my opinion, Gottlieb machines should have Gottlieb skirts (with tits).

Would all three of these originally had the pointed skirts? I have no idea if they had been replaced over the years. They aren’t museum-quality machines, but I would like to keep the as original looking as possible.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

I believe that the point goes to the top (towards the head) and is there to keep the ball from hanging up on the top of the ring (especially with a shallower slope of an EM compared to a new game). I'd check with Steve at Pinball Resource (PBR) before going to Marco for these items. PBR is the king of the EM parts.

Thanks! PBR has the yellow and red-pointed skirts, but I don’t have an account with them yet and I was too impatient to go through their first order process. I’ll have to give them a call.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

I think that the part number is A1218Y for yellow but not 100 percent sure.
I'd recommend that you add the Gottlieb 1972 (Mibs) and the Gottlieb 1968 ((Ice Review, Cross Town) parts catalogs to your order as well. This should cover all your part number needs and show how some of the assemblies go together.

Didn’t know there was such a catalog.
Thanks!

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Just checking. I'm warming you up for Steve!

Just called my first order in. What a great guy!
He took the time to make sure I was getting the right parts for my machines and was very helpful in giving me maintenance tips. I will look to PBR first anytime I need parts.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the-who.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-em-bumper-skirts?tu=the-who and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.