4grandslam.jpg
gs4.jpg
DSC02291.jpg
DSC02296.jpg
image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noobee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I am cleaning up and refurbishing a 1972 Gottlieb Grand Slam and have a question regarding the apron and white upper ball arc piece (no idea what the actual name is for that). It looks like there is webbing on both of these pieces. I have never seen this before. Is this typical of games from this era? This particular game also looks to have been repainted at some point from the red for the cabinet design to white.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg
image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg
image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from newmantjn:

Yes, it seems somewhat game specific though. Some have it heavy, some light and some have none. Go figure.

Thanks for your input! I must say, I really don't like the look much. Just looks dirty to me.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

That looks like typical color fade for that game. They are all usually very, very faded. I had the pleasure of restoring one(AAB version) that had been kept in storage with no windows for 25 years. Looked almost new, except for a scratch on the cabinet that came from the owner moving stuff next to it! (later touched up)
DSC02296.jpg
DSC02291.jpg

That actually makes sense to me based on the condition of the rest of the paint. Wow, it's hard to believe it would fade like that though. The internet database shows both white and red graphics and highlights the pic with red as "alternate cabinet color".

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Tom's Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Navarre, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noobee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-em-apron-question?tu=noobee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.