• Latest reply 7 years ago by gmkalos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Sometime it does and sometime it don't

Checked cleaned and adjusted the trough switch

Checked "P" relay

Stepper unit (player unit) not cycling to second player unless I give the relay a push with my finger... then advances

I have not totally dismantled the whole player unit but I have cleaned it

and checked all the switches...

Do I need to do a complete teardown and cleaning or do you think the

problem may be elsewhere?

As always Thanx in advance

-=Fred=-

#2 7 years ago

If the player unit always advances when you manually actuate the P relay, then the problem may be that the P relay is not getting energized by the trough switch.

Check all the N.C. switches on the extra ball ("same player shoots again") relay. It's fairly common on Gottlieb games of this era to have a switch on the extra ball relay that opens to disable the P relay when the player has won an extra ball. If this switch is not making good contact, you'll get the intermittent problem you describe.

- TimMe

#3 7 years ago

I filed and flexstoned the switches and it seemed to work then 2 games later same issue

hmmmmm

#4 7 years ago

I am having the same problem on my 2 player fire queen, sometimes it advances but mostly stuck on ball 1 so I decided to shotgun file all the switches. Don't use a flexstone it leaves a non conductive silicate dust on the pads and you will have to clean it again with alcohol just use a steel file. My gut was to go to the eject hole relay and clean all the points, I noticed that when the "N" relay (hundreds) in the backbox was actuated the player unit would advance. I'm bringing her back from 30+ years of cold storage, oxidation city!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-em-1977-jungle-princess-not-advancing-ball-count and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.