You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

reel 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20160918_133318615 (resized).jpg
IMG_20160918_130746519 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hundred first player score reel will not reset, otherwise working perfect.

Scores correctly and rolls over. All other reels are resetting to "0"

with no problem.

That reel does nothing on reset... doesn't jump are anything. It has

reset in the past.

I have gone in and tripple checked, filed and flexstoned my "o" & "9"

switches.

Also did the same to the "10's" switch thinking it wasn't pushing it to "0".

I have checked m o ax and bx relays

I do have a schematic

Thanx in advance PLEASE help

-=Fred=-

#2 7 years ago

My zero switch was misadjusted... all is well now

thank you

-=Fred=-

#3 7 years ago

Hello Fred. I have the exact same problem on my 1975 Gottlieb Soccer and I was just going to make a post, then saw yours. I've tried comparing the zero switch to other score reels, and it appears to be the same, but possibly not. How did you re-adjust your zero switch? Thanks in advance.

#4 7 years ago

Go here and adjust them exactly like it shows:

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair#Score_Reel_Switch_States

mine is a 1977 2nd and third generation are identical I set mine to them and it works fine now

#5 7 years ago

note 3 pics one is 0 one is 9 position and one is 2 thru 8 position

Let me know if it works

#6 7 years ago

Hello Fred. I'm going to try these adjustments and I'll try and post pictures as I go . Thank you, John.

#7 7 years ago

If you are adjusting score reels tip. There needs to be three distinctive position changes of the arm that comes from under reel when you plunge the reel relay thru 10 times. If game has set the switch blades get stiff and do not let the arm move to get three good positions. Look at the arm at center where one end rides on reel. Reel is misshaped to move arm into the three positions. If arm is not riding on edge of reel move all switches until it is. Then you will have arm giving you the three positions you need. Then adjust the switches to the right order.

#8 7 years ago

Hello frb. Here is a photo and I think you are talking about the plastic arm underneath the reel that connects to the coil? And the other photo is the score reel in the 0 position that appears ok with the top 2 switches open and the bottom closed. Thank you.

IMG_20160918_130746519 (resized).jpgIMG_20160918_130746519 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160918_133318615 (resized).jpgIMG_20160918_133318615 (resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago

1st pic tjhat's correct but your gaps look a little tite but may be camera angle...

2nd pic is the EOS switches and they look correct also. End of stroke I think is what EOS means

#10 7 years ago

The metal wire that moves the switches is what gets held in a position by stiff blades. Follow that wire to the center of reel. You can see it from side of reel. Make sure when you pulse reel around the end of wire rides ON the side if reel on every number. This is what gives you the three position changes in wire at switches. Sometimes if machine has sat a lot the switch blades actually hold the wire away from the reel underneath and does not give you the throw you need to get switch to work properly. Before you adjust switches just check that wire on reel. Fix this problem by moving switchbades over so that one end of wire rides against reel before you adjust switch. A note- in the last EM years wire was replaced with plastic bladeholder but it still rides the side of inside reel to give you the 3 positions. This gives you full movement in final adjustment.

reel 1 (resized).jpgreel 1 (resized).jpg

#11 7 years ago

Thanks again for your continued comments and help. If time allows, I'm going to take a look this evening and I'll keep you updated on my progress and add photos along the way.

#12 7 years ago

I had a little time last night to look at one of the reels in question, and it appears the switches in the 9 position is not correct. I'll post a photo later this evening after work. Any suggestions on adjusting the switches as this is the first time I will attempt it. Thank you.

#13 7 years ago

Hello frb. The score reel I'm working on doesn't have the wire that you mention. For whatever reason on this machine, both of the 100's score reels don't have the attached pc type board like all the other score reels. I think I have it narrowed down to the player one score reel out of adjustment. I'm going to be attempting that for the first time this evening or tomorrow. Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted.

#14 7 years ago

The wire is what guides the switches in the 3 positions. If the wire is not following the reel close up against it at the base of reel you do not get good movement in the 3 positions you need. With time the blades get stiff and you can not adjust the switches when the arm that moves them does not preform right. I am only giving a tip that anytime you adjust any reel adjust the arm that moves the switches first.

#15 7 years ago

Thank you frb, I see what you mean now about the arm that moves the switches. I finally got it fixed. On the score reel in question, the 1-8 position contacts we're not right. Once I adjusted it, it works fine now. Thanks again for your help, it is much appreciated.

#16 7 years ago

And thank you Fred for your help as well. The link you sent helped with the proper adjustments. Thanks again to you all. JC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-em-1977-jungle-prince-one-score-reel-not-resetting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.