Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Garrett
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I have an Gottlieb El Dorado, it's set in liberal mode. When all of the top drop targets are dropped, they reset, SPECIAL is lit and one of the drop targets is lit. If that target is then hit, a credit plus 5000 points should be awarded. The 5000 points are awarded, but the credit isn't.

Any help debugging this is appreciated.

#2 11 years ago

Do you have a schematic for it? I would check the entire specials circuit for that feature. Does it still award a replay for score tiers? There is likely a switch that isn't quite making proper contact in that path. Outside chance it could be a wire or connector, but I would check those switches first.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Do you have a schematic for it? I would check the entire specials circuit for that feature. Does it still award a replay for score tiers? There is likely a switch that isn't quite making proper contact in that path. Outside chance it could be a wire or connector, but I would check those switches first.

It does award replays for score tiers.

Yes, I have a schematic, but I'm can't locate the circuit that awards a replay when you hit the lit target during SPECIAL.

#4 11 years ago

One way to locate it is to look at the illumination part of the schematic (upper left portions) There will be a bulb for the special there. Figure out what operates that bulb (will show a switch and it's relay letter) It should also have the wire color code. Once you figure that out, you're on the right track. Since there's a user selective plug (liberal/cons.) I would double check that jones plug as well to make sure it's making contact. Those prongs get a bit corroded. I use a small welder's brush ($1 @ Lowes) to clean them up if not too bad). Hope that helps. This is not a big problem, I bet we can figure it out.

#5 11 years ago

Is there a series relay on the machine? If so I'd clean and check those contacts. I especially like stashyboy's suggestion about reverse-research by locating the bulb circuit. I've used that method many times.

#6 11 years ago

I'm going to check this out on the game this evening.

Per the schematic:

The SPECIAL light is connected to the P (special control) relay.

The position of the lit target (referred to the "SPOT") is advanced using the Q (advance unit) relay when one of the two "MOVES SPOT" switches is activated on the playfield.

Still not clear, via schematic, how hitting the SPOT when SPECIAL is lit, effects a replay..

#7 11 years ago

I didn't mention I just sold my El Dorado before X-mas, or esle I would look at both the game and schematics as well. You're on the right track. It's a bit complicated, but look at the path thru that circuit and I'm sure you will see it is connected to the replay unit (in back box) and knocker when the lit spot is hit.

5 months later
#8 10 years ago

Update on this issue... now resolved.. A switch in the C relay was gapped too wide, and was not making contact when the relay was activated. That contact was needed to complete the replay circuit to award a free game. Thanks for the help!

#9 10 years ago

Thanks for explaining the fix for future reference!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, CO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-el-dorardo-doesnt-award-credit-after-completing-drop-targets-and-light and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.