Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Darcy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3809.JPG
IMG_3808.JPG
IMG_3807.JPG
IMG_3806.JPG
IMG_3802.JPG
IMG_3801.JPG
IMG_3800.JPG
IMG_3799.JPG
IMG_3798.JPG
IMG_3797.JPG

#1 5 years ago

I have been wanting to get a new drop target game and one of these has popped up locally. Seller is asking $1000 obo. I have played target alpha before and like the game a bunch and I love the art on this version of the game. Seller says he rates the game as 8/10.
Any thoughts on the price I should offer?
Thanks!

IMG_3797.JPG IMG_3798.JPG IMG_3799.JPG IMG_3800.JPG IMG_3801.JPG IMG_3802.JPG IMG_3806.JPG IMG_3807.JPG IMG_3808.JPG IMG_3809.JPG
#2 5 years ago

Personally, I would have no problem paying a grand for that game in the condition it sits at (if working)
That's a beauty.

#3 5 years ago

That's kind of what I am thinking. Sounds like one display may have a slight issue but that should be a fairly easy fix.
I was thinking of offering $800 and see what he says.

#4 5 years ago

I missed one of these several months back at $900. I have always loved the Target Alpha PF layout and EDCOG has one of the most beautifully painted PF ... but the translite has a bit to be desired!

#5 5 years ago

I've only played a virtual version on Farsight's The Pinball Arcade. Obviously the game play is a million miles apart so no comment there, but if their audio recreation is anywhere near accurate - it gets annoying fast.

Of course there are a number of games with that layout though, so I assume it's easy enough to know what you'll think about playing it. If the price suits you, go nuts.

#6 5 years ago

I've seen the game in person and it's in beautiful condition. I was very tempted to take it home.

#7 5 years ago

I'd love to find the original EM wedgehead version, not sure I'd be all that interested in the solid state version myself.

Does it play with the same rules at Target Alpha?

#8 5 years ago

Great game if you like drops. Very low production game. I wouldn't mind having one in the collection.

#9 5 years ago

its the same exact layout as target alpha. i like target alpha better

#10 5 years ago

Slightly enhanced rules over the EM El Dorado or Target Alpha. Since it has bonus (not in EM El Dorado) and still has the Drop Target Special (not in Target Alpha). So, it is kind of a combination of both.

I was/am always a fan of the EM El Dorado but never really liked EDCG when it came out. Just didn't play the way I expected it to.

#11 5 years ago

When this pin was placed at my favorite arcade, Circuit Circus in Burnaby B.C. I was doing really great at playing it. To the point that the Manager came over and said, "Do not kill it, we just set it up this morning". I explained that I have a Solar City and the layout is identical. He then replied, "You have a pinball machine at home?" I guess, he thought I was crazy. When I was finished with the game it had 3 or 4 credits left.

That arcade was a blast, fun times.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
€ 8.40
$ 7.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 218.00
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 299.00
$ 117.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 218.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside