• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1312 (resized).jpg
F1D42F60-C91D-4FE0-8580-7E960ECAD1D5.jpeg
#1 5 years ago

Can someone post a section of the tilt circuit? I don't have a schematic as of yet.

#2 5 years ago

What are you trying to figure out?

#3 5 years ago

In tilt mode, can't start with credit button but can by activating "Start Relay". By doing this it takes it out of "Tilt" and the drop targets reset and score reels zero out except for the 1000's reel. At this point the S/M and BCU is firing constantly. I manually zero out the 1000's reel but that does not stop the S/M or BCU.
I haven't gone through the score reels yet, but I know the 1000's reel is gummy.
Curious why tilt lamp lights when powering up. The "Tilt Relay", "Tilt Hold Relay", and "Hold Relay" are not energized.
This is for Gold Strike, (AAB).

#4 5 years ago

A Gottlieb starting up in tilt is 100% normal. If I remember right this is because the hold relay doesn't turn on until the first game is started from a cold start.

It sounds like you have another problem. If the Ball count unit is constantly firing I'd start there. It might be something as simple as dirty rivets.

#5 5 years ago

Which do you have? El Dorado or Gold Strike?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Which do you have? El Dorado or Gold Strike?

See post 3, last line. (Gold Strike)
BCU has been thoroughly cleaned and lubed. Contact plate and wipers cleaned and lubed with fine application of super lube. Wipers are adjusted to plate and functions normally. It did start up once after I manually reset the score reels to 0, and I then was able to increment through all 10 balls, and decrement to 0.

#7 5 years ago

I'll need to see a high quality scan of the schematic from e.g. Staples ($2) or Kinkos ($6)

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

I'll need to see a high quality scan of the schematic from e.g. Staples ($2) or Kinkos ($6)

Ya, so do I.

#9 5 years ago

Best order one. You'll have it by Wed.

#10 5 years ago

Hi Playdium
in post-3 You write "the S/M and the BCU is firing constantly" - what is "S/M" ? --- BCU I read as "Ball-Count-Unit" - this Unit has two coils - which one is firing ? Does "firing constantly means": Pull-in and let go - pull-in and let go etc. ? --- or does it means "pulls-in --- pulls, pulls, pulls - never let go ? Does the motor runs while the fault is happening ? Greetings Rolf

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

So as I look around em tech topics with people asking for help you always chime in with wanting a schematic??? And with options and prices? What gives, I don't get it. Please do explain.
-Mike

#12 5 years ago

Hi Grizlyrig
I am happy that HowardR asks for (snippets - I need) schematics (I'd like to see) --- prices in Switzerland would be around +/- 20 US-Dollars - the dollar2 / dollar6 I believe is "please spend some money - You make helping much more easyer". Greetings Rolf

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

So as I look around em tech topics with people asking for help you always chime in with wanting a schematic??? And with options and prices?

Yes, yes, yes and yes. I'll take your use of the word "chime" to mean that you find my posts like a wind chime, that is, not only welcome but even harmonious.

Quoted from Grizlyrig:

... What gives, I don't get it. Please do explain.

Hi Mike,

Good questions! I've tried to help with phone pic scans and they're always (1) blurry, (2) incomplete, and/or (3) in multiple pieces. Lets say I decide on one or more relays that might be involved. (I haven't decided that) From what he posted I can't tell what those hypothetical relays do or how they're activated. I could ask for more but then when he posts more later, I've been helping others here on pinside or getting on with my life so I'd have to recreate the thought process I had in mind.

Regarding your question about prices, those are economical suggestions to make it easy for the OP.

If a stranger wants my help they should put in a little effort to make it easy for me to help them. If they can't do that then I'm not a good fit to help them.

Which is not to say that nobody should help them. There are plenty of knowledgeable people here who are willing to help without a schematic (you?). And there are plenty of people who are willing to get me the high quality scan that I need, and those people I sometimes even help on the phone.

To each his own!

#14 5 years ago

Here ya go. Does this work for you?

F1D42F60-C91D-4FE0-8580-7E960ECAD1D5.jpegF1D42F60-C91D-4FE0-8580-7E960ECAD1D5.jpeg

#15 5 years ago

As others have mentioned, it is normal for the TILT light to be lit when you turn on the game.

Does your game have a credit on it? Gold Strike uses a "Credit Hold" (Y) relay for this. It has three switches. One is for the lock-in circuit, one is for the credit light on the apron, and one is for starting the game. If this last switch is not closed, the coin door button will not start the game.

#16 5 years ago

Mine always has tilt on when first powers up btw... also mine’s an el dorado. It was stuck on tilt after transport but I tracked it down to a switch in the backbox that was supposed to be closed... there’s a bunch of them in this game!

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Here ya go. Does this work for you?

Unfortunately, the schematic for El Dorado will not help very much. It’s a replay game with a completely different circuit for the start relay.

As such, I advise the OP to edit the topic and remove El Dorado from the tags and subject.

#18 5 years ago

Now I fully understand what you want. I was thinking you (personally) wanted the scan. I wasn't even thinking of a clear pic or snippet of schematic to be explained in theory.
I certainly do appreciate how you help as you are very accurate with guiding us with fixing the machines.
I think now I may have come across the wrong way( an ass) in my question and do apologize if I offended you as that was not my intention.
-Mike

P.S. I'm not a fan of my neighbors wind chimes at bed time.

#19 5 years ago

Hey Mike,
No worries. Glad to meet you. I'll pay you ($) later for the excellent setup!
Howard

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

Unfortunately, the schematic for El Dorado will not help very much. It’s a replay game with a completely different circuit for the start relay.

As such, I advise the OP to edit the topic and remove El Dorado from the tags and subject.

I just edited the topic. I thought, (wrongfully), that the two games would be similar in the start up sequence.

Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

in post-3 You write "the S/M and the BCU is firing constantly" - what is "S/M" ? --- BCU I read as "Ball-Count-Unit" - this Unit has two coils - which one is firing ?

Rolf,
My reference with S/M was for score motor. The Ball Count Unit coil that fires and releases constantly is the Reset Coil.

I spent time today going through the score reels. Disassembled and cleaned all and found a damaged score disc. This will be added to the parts order.

HowardR,
I have yet to order a schematic for this title. I appreciate your help.

IMG_1312 (resized).jpgIMG_1312 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Venice, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-el-dorado-gold-strike-schematic-help?hl=kingofkoopas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.