(Topic ID: 181788)

Gottlieb Egg Head

By Spaceman121

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

Welcome to Pinside!

Definitely worth fixing - either to enjoy or sell. Egg Head is a great looking game and can definitely bring the $$$, but I would suggest you try it first!

The thing you describe as spinning is the score motor. I'm suspecting you have a stuck switch on the playfield somewhere or the coin door, if it does this from the moment you plug it in/turn it on. If you add credits to the game by hand (the reel in the backbox can be advanced by hand) and press the start button, does anything happen? The first thing that should happen would be that some things would reset and the reels would attempt to go back to 0.

When the score motor spins you don't happen to hear anything else activating as it does that, do you?

Could also be stuck in a reset loop but ehh...

Since something is lighting up that means one of the two major power relays is working (120V hold) which also lights up the backbox, and since the score motor is running I would be inclined to believe the 30V hold is also working fine. So, I'm assuming both the backbox and playfield are lit?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-egg-head?tu=Otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.