(Topic ID: 167279)

Gottlieb Duotron wont score 500pts or bonus correctly

By MagicMako

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider magicmako.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hey guys, working on a Gottlieb Duotron, had all kinds of issues when i first got it, score motor was running constantly due to a stuck switch, some other features werent working properly and were fixed when I adjusted some relay switches. However now I am at an impass, the game does not score 500 points consistently, sometimes 500, sometimes only 300 or 400. Also, the bonus does not always accumulate or score properly, meaning if a switch is supposed to add bonus, sometimes it will sometimes it wont, and then the bonus that does accumulate does not score properly, for example if the game shows 10k bonus it may only score 8k at the end of the ball.

My gut feeling is that something is out of alignment with the score motor, maybe the 1A switch? I have cleaned all the switch stacks on the score motor and from what i can tell they all open and close properly when the motor turns. However I am still a relative novice when it comes to working on EM machines and would appreciate any help or advice. If any pictures or video would help I can provide that. Thanks a lot.

#3 7 years ago

I double checked the "500 point and add bonus unit relay" and it appears to be opening and closing fine.

I did notice something, the game will score 500pts correctly every third time, i hit a few 500 point switches and found that I would get a random number two times then it would score 500, for example 5-n-n-5-n-n-5-n-n-5 etc. This again points me to the score motor (i think) and something with the switch stacks but Im not sure what.

3 weeks later
#4 7 years ago

Still stuck on this..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider magicmako.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-duotron-wont-score-500pts-or-bonus-correctly?tu=magicmako and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.