• Latest reply 5 years ago by jwilson
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6118 (resized).jpg
IMG_6220 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Runbikeskilee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

I have usually found on my machines that when Gottlieb drop targets hang up and fail to drop down completely, it is because the switch blades on the sides of the bank are exerting too much pressure on the metal slider cams and thus causing too much friction.

The mechanism can get gunked up also, but I'd look at the pressure exerted by the switch blades first and if it appears to be the culprit, adjust the long switch blade away from the slider a tiny bit more.

#3 6 years ago

The position of the drop target bank underneath the playfield also has a little bit of wiggle room for adjustment when installing. There is also the possibility when you reinstalled the bank, the plastic drop target may be hanging up against the sides of the hole in the playfield?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Runbikeskilee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-drops-sticking?tu=Runbikeskilee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.