• Latest reply 5 years ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180824_184505 (resized).jpg
20180820_144201 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RonSS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Well, hello everyone, I'm RonSS, and I'm a new EM owner.

I picked up a wonderful little Pin Up and nearly everything works right from the start!

She was pretty dirty, so I did a nice clean up, and of course, in the process, something got messed up. My 10 drop targets will still drop, and score, but there is no longer a bell/chime that goes along with them, except the far left once in a while. I'm pretty certain they were all ringing before. The other roll overs all work fine with score and bells.

While I was replacing some plastic, one of those star acorn nut things dropped into the cab. When I retrieved it, my gorilla hands definitely banged up against some of the internals. Would this be the first place to look? If so, I have zero idea what it is I am looking for.

I'd also like to take this time to personally thank Gottlieb for insisting that their schematics not be distributed freely on the internet, but rather only sold.

If someone wouldn't mind pointing in a possible direction I'd certainly be grateful. I started to look up the usual sites, but most of that seems driven toward scoring reels and such, and I'm trying to NOT start playing with everything before I have 8 things wrong instead of 1 or 2.

Thanks for any help you can offer, I'm enjoying tinkering with this thing already.

#3 5 years ago

Just ran a test. When I drop the left most target I here clicking (like 5) followed by a chime. All other 9 top targets will advance score but I hear no clicking or chime.

Does that mean something to anyone?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Check your target contacts.

Contacts look good. Sparking when connected. I manually activated switches, only one engaged the motor.

Does this sound like a setting or a wire issue? Or neither?

Thanks for "chiming" in.

#6 5 years ago

Did some more poking around.

The hundreds wheel resets by 500 each time the start button is pressed. So I'm seeing either 3 or 8 to start.

Somehow, when I score 500 points it gives me 510. How do I even get 10 points?

The ones roller is very warm to the touch. Also, how do I get 1 point?

The upper band area just below the 10 drops has a switch, but nothing happens when touched on either side.

Lastly, in the new department, I've got a loud hum/buzz going on.

Other than those things and the chimes not working on the drops it's great!

I'm certain I can remedy this stuff,aybe I'll watch a little "have pin will travel" on youtube tonight.

Time to buy a schematic I guess.

#7 5 years ago

Oh, also, what does this switch do, left/below the wheel with yellow wires? When I touch the leaves I see and hear nothing.

20180820_144201 (resized).jpg20180820_144201 (resized).jpg
#9 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Ron,
PM me with your address, and I'll swing by and straighten that game out for you. Just supply plenty of cold beer and snacks/sandwiches!
Sounds like you definitely have a stuck switch somewhere.
JR

Woo Hoo! Thanks JR. I didn't want to leech on you right away, but since you are offering, , ,

I fully expect you to let me get my hands dirty though. Learning is fundamental.

#11 5 years ago

Wanted to publicly thank JRPinball for coming over today and getting my Pin Up up and running.

Really nice guy and a great tech too!

I learned a lot today.

20180824_184505 (resized).jpg20180824_184505 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RonSS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-drop-target-scores-but-no-bell?tu=RonSS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.