• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by currieddog
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 months ago

Hi all,

I just tore apart and rebuilt a Gottlieb 10 drop target bank. Now that its back in the game, the reset bar is binding and therefor not allowing the targets to drop. If I take off the coil brackets off and lift the back of the coils about 1/4", it moves freely again.

The only thing I did different during the rebuild, is that I flipped over the reset bar so the worn part was not against the triggers.

Could that cause the binding? The bar looks symmetrical. Is it?

thx

#2 10 months ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

The only thing I did different during the rebuild, is that I flipped over the reset bar so the worn part was not against the triggers.

Could that cause the binding? The bar looks symmetrical. Is it?

May be. Check what Clay has to say: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#drops

#3 10 months ago

Thanks,

I'll read up, in the mean time, I reversed the bar, which is mighty fun with the assembly still in the machine, and it's smooth as silk now. So either the reset bar is not exactly symmetrical, or maybe something else was binding. However, with the bar flipped over, the angle of the plunger going into the coil sleeve seemed to be shallower than normal and causing the issue.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside