• Latest reply 2 years ago by Knxwledge
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

275403902_281889224059789_1726542142083211340_n (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Today, I noticed that the blue on my cabinet has some chipping, and you can see some white spots. Normally, I could really care less and just forget it. However, I could have swore that the blue did not have any chipping yesterday. Maybe I'm delusional or I never noticed it, but it's bothering me knowing that I might have screwed it up somehow. Part of me wants to repaint the areas, but another part of me just wants me to leave it. Everytime I look at it, I try to remember if the cabinet had chipping like it the other day, and if the paint magically came off. What would you do?

275403902_281889224059789_1726542142083211340_n (resized).jpg275403902_281889224059789_1726542142083211340_n (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

It depends on whether you like the "used" look, or you are wanting a museum looking piece. If the paint has just recently fallen off, look on the floor for paint chips - unless you vacuum every couple of hours, then if they recently fell off, that's where they will be.

Personally, I look at all my machines with a "Does it work?" lens. Once working, then I worry about how it looks. There are lots of threads about repainting cabinets on this forum. If you don't want to go that far, mix some acrylic paint and touch up the spots if they really bother you. Better yet, buy another machine and put it next to that one - if they are close enough, you won't see those spots!

#3 2 years ago

Leave it, the touchup will almost always look worse unless you're really good at color matching. Just check your game periodically against this photo you took and see if the flaking gets worse. These games are 40+ years old, wear and tear is inevitable, even in the hands of collectors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-dragon-cabinet-chipping and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.