20200507_123536 (resized).jpg
IMAG4986 (resized).jpg
IMAG4985 (resized).jpg
IMAG4984 (resized).jpg
IMAG4983 (resized).jpg
Domino Pop Bumpers (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Hi all,

I'm finishing up a Gottlieb Domino and a previous owner desolded several of the pop bumpers. (Given the toastiness of one of the coils I can guess why).

Can anyone post a pic of how the underside of their domino so I can see how the pops should be wired? The two that I need clear pics of are the ones in the 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock positions as you look at the game.

Thanks!

Ed

#2 4 years ago

Does this help?
Domino Pop Bumpers (resized).jpgDomino Pop Bumpers (resized).jpg
/Mark

#3 4 years ago

Coil with wrapper is 12 o'clock and without is 6 o'clock. Pics taken with/without flash for detail. Hope that helps.

IMAG4983 (resized).jpgIMAG4983 (resized).jpgIMAG4984 (resized).jpgIMAG4984 (resized).jpgIMAG4985 (resized).jpgIMAG4985 (resized).jpgIMAG4986 (resized).jpgIMAG4986 (resized).jpg
#4 4 years ago

That's exactly what I need....thank you! Between that and the schematic I should have her back up and running!

#5 4 years ago

Just as a follow-up for closure on this one...the pictures are accurate. However, I learned an important lesson about linked pop bumpers (aka the two red firing at the same time). If you don't have the coils hooked up and you try to test switches....it messes with the alternating relay, the red pop bumper relay and the 0-9 unit. Took some head scratching to realize both switches need to activate during normal gameplay, not just the bumper I was testing.

5 months later
#6 3 years ago
20200507_123536 (resized).jpg20200507_123536 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 8.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 12.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-domino-need-pic-of-pop-bumper-wiring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.