You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200507_123536 (resized).jpg
Domino Domimo lights (resized).jpg
3 Ball vs 5 Ball (resized).jpg
Domino Advance Option (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from JudeRussell:

I'm also looking at the Domino Advance setting (conservative vs liberal) and as far as I can tell, I'm not seeing much impact there.

Your schematic shows when the Advance Unit will fire. On the left side is a normally open switch on the X relay so nothing happens unless the X relay has fired. On the right side are three Score Motor switches which each let a pulse into the circuit whenever the Score Motor turns through one cycle. So assuming the X relay has fired there are three ways to step the Advance Unit:

1) the pulse from the Score Motor 4C switch will always step the Advance Unit
2) the pulse from the Score Motor 3B switch will step the Advance Unit if the V relay has fired in 3 ball mode
3) the pulse from the Score Motor 1B switch will step the Advance Unit if the V relay has fired and either
..3a) the Advance adjustment is in the Liberal setting or
..3b) the Y relay has not fired and in 3 ball mode

One thing the schematic does not show is the Motor Sequence Chart which would show when the three Score Motor switches fire relative to each other.

/Mark

1 month later
#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Larrymc:

Quick question for anyone with a working Domino: is it supposed to start with the first Domino lit, or light the first one upon first advance. I’m guessing it starts with the first on, but I want to make sure because it’s several positions off right now and I want to set it right.

Domino Domimo lights (resized).jpgDomino Domimo lights (resized).jpg
It looks like when the Advance Unit is reset and at position 0, the 5 domino should be on, unless the game is tilted.

/Mark

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-domino-3-ball-vs-5-ball-liberal-vs-conservative?tu=markg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.