• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by GPS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hello All,

Have a Dodge City and am having one issue that I was hoping someone else may have expereinced and thus could assist with. Game operates just fine with the exception of player two's score going way to high. That is to say that the scoring for player two, and only player two, is way to high. Any ideas here?

Thank you,

George

#2 11 years ago

How much higher? If you activate something on the playfield is it twice as much as player 1?

#3 11 years ago

Did not note this. Will look and advise. Thank you.

G

#4 11 years ago

Leave it like that and play your friends and always choose player 2 You could win lots of money on bets.

But Garrett is right, you know how much something should score on the playfield. Take the glass off and when on player 2 hit everything by hand and see how much more its scoring. Find out if its just 1 target, multiple targets or everything that is scoring too high. Then find out if its scoring double, triple or some odd score that isn't a multiple of what it should be. This should help narrow down what the problem is.

Edit: Also did it always do this or just start happening? Did you do anything just before it started acting like this (clean playfield, work under the playfield, work in backbox, etc)?

#5 11 years ago

If i had to guess..

Look at teh player 2 10s 100s and 1000s relay and see how they are gapped.

Maybe youre getting 2 for 1

--Jeff

#6 11 years ago

Hello All,

Hey guys, thanks so much for the responses. I am a green horn so I am grateful for the help.

I went down this eve and from what I could tell, there are multiple tragets that are causing the overages in scoring. It does not appear to be even amounts either. And for instance, I can hit the 5 point roll pver and it will give five points but then after checking a couple other targets hit the same 5 point roll over and it will give over 100 points. Again, the overages are occuring on multiple places on the playfield. As for possibly corridinating this issue with a cleaning or what have you, no can do. I bought this game and was told when I purchased it that player two had this anomoly to it.

What are your thoughts now that you have this additional information? Always being player two, ahhh, I think my kids would catch onto that one pretty quick...

George

#7 11 years ago

I'm not familiar with the game but looked it up on IPDB. Very cool looking game.

Quoted from GPS:

And for instance, I can hit the 5 point roll pver and it will give five points but then after checking a couple other targets hit the same 5 point roll over and it will give over 100 points

Does it only happen on targets worth 5 points or will it happen on targets worth 1, 10 or 100 points? By looking at it on IPDB it looks like there are playfield multipliers that increase the target values. Could it be that its supposed to do this and player 1 is not working correctly? It would also help if you could post a picture of the schematics. Do you have that? If not you should order them from pbresource.

#8 11 years ago

Hello,

It happens on other targets as well. The targets that are worth lets say 2 than add the multiplier of 10X should result in 20 points but it usually results in much higher points being given to player two while player one three or four just gets what you would expect. I do have the scheme for the game but do not want to violate any rules by posting the scheme on line. BBy the way, the 1 10 and 100 targets seem to credit accordingly. Your thoughts Sir.

Thank you,

George...

#9 11 years ago

So its only happening to the 5 point targets? You mention 2 point targets but from the pictures on IPDB I don't see any of those on the playfield. Unfortunately I am not very skilled at EM machines and without the schematics I'm lost. But your right in that posting a pic of them would probably violate the rules. Hopefully an EM guru can jump in here and help out. But way2wyrd had a good suggestion of checking out the score relays for player 2 and making sure the switches are gapped correctly. Other than that, play with it and see if you can see any patterns to help narrow it down. Its good to know that the 1, 10 and 100's don't seem to have the problem. See if there is anything else you can narrow down.

#10 11 years ago

Just wanted to say thank you to all who helped out here, especially you Ken. Great advice. Found a guy in Columbus who is willing to come up and get this score issue thing resolved. Again, could not have found this guy without your kind assistance.

Thank you!!!

George

#11 11 years ago

might be difficult to do this on your own
but when playing player #1 look up at the score on player #2
see if it moves when #1 is scoring

#12 11 years ago

Did you pickup your Dodge City off of craigslist? A guy a while back had that machine and a Wild Wild West that I was going to look at. If so there is a couple of youtube videos of it from the previous owner of the guy you bought it from (2 owners ago).
http://www.youtube.com/user/strickunearth/videos?view=0&flow=grid

3 weeks later
#13 11 years ago

Hello Big,

Yes, it was off of Craigs List and the seller was in Huron. Picked up both games. WWWest is a lot faster and enjoyable. Dodge City takes some warming up to but it is fun as well. Got the scoring issue resolved by Tom in Columbus but now have another issue with the roll under targets. No big deal but would like to have it right.

George

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-dodge-city-tech-help-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.