(Topic ID: 61690)

Gottlieb Dodge City - Spin ROTO Not Spinning?

By jodini

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by LongJohns
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P9011081.JPG
P9011080.JPG
P9011079.JPG
P9011076.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I have a Gottlieb Dodge City that I purchase last week and after bringing it back to life, I noticed the illuminating roto was not spinning under the playing field. Then I also noticed that the previous owner blacked out the words "Spin Roto" on the playing field...not good!

So I don't have the schematics and don't even know when this thing suppose to spin. I thought it spun each time you got 10 points...true? Well either way, I haven't seen it spin yet. I took apart the roto, cleaned the contacts, noticed the set screw that held the roto on the shaft was a little loose and tried again. Still no luck. I just ordered a spring set for it, so ignore the springs (I kind of stretched them to help work the roto.

So when I say, it does not spin, the silinoid never moves...never engages...nothing.
My question is what relay makes it move? Anyone have schematics?

Thanks,
Joe
P.S. My experience with EM's....I've gotten 4 to come back alive from the grave....so my experience is still limited, but your help is much appreciated.

P9011076.JPGP9011076.JPG P9011079.JPGP9011079.JPG P9011080.JPGP9011080.JPG

#2 10 years ago

O.K. I figured out when the roto spins....mostly when the ball goes into the knock out holes. However it still doesn't spin. I put a volt meter on the wires and when I measure from the orange to black (the two that are one the silnoid) I get almost nothing (maybe 1 volt)....looks like the silnoid moves a tad....however when I measure from the two black to the yellow wire (looks like a ground) I get plenty of voltage...shoots up to 20 (could be more) quickly when I depress the knock out hole.

However I get the same voltage spike when I arch between the orange that is on the silinoid and to the yellow.

Now I don't want to start connecting wires unless that is what I should be doing...my fear is smoking the machine. What do you guys think? Do you think someone wired this incorrectly?

P9011081.JPGP9011081.JPG

#4 10 years ago

Thanks Dirt Flipper!
Here's a video and I agree that will also turn it on. This is not my machine....but wish it was!

Most of the labels are there. I'll take a close look again.

#5 10 years ago

Recleaned all the jones plugs, look shiny and new....but still no roto rotation.

#7 10 years ago

I know...but that's where you guys come in! Hoping to figure it out.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I don't think this matters but I know things are daisy chained together so I thought I would mention this. The right flipper was doing the jitters, so I looked at the coil and one of the wires was broken. So I'm getting a new flipper coil. Not sure if that effects are trouble shooting.

#8 10 years ago

Pinball resources does not have schematics...who has them?

#12 10 years ago

Well, I got some good news and some bad news...sort of!

The Roto is now spinning! Everytime it comes down the center top, it spins....when it pops out of the "pop out holes" it spins and when the bottom is lite, it spins.

Bad news....I have no idea what I did! I replaced the flipper coil, and two coin chute relays (before I was working these manually)....but now everything works for the most part!

I still need to get the schematics....Marco says they are out of stock, so I'll try pbresources.

Joe

#14 10 years ago

Everything working good! I did some schematics from PBR so I'm good there.

Here's a video of it in action:

This one is a little boring but here it is:

4 weeks later
#16 10 years ago

Keeps getting better! Just a quick video that I made today...loving the machine!

#18 10 years ago

Just let me know! I have free pinball and beer!
Joe

1 month later
#21 10 years ago

Thanks GPS!
Actually the more I play it, the better it works! It has become the favorite game in the house!
But I will definitely keep you number on speed dial!
LOVE THIS FORUM!
Joe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-dodge-city-spin-roto-not-spinning?tu=jodini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.