Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Dancing Lady R relay (resized).jpg
IMG_20220113_092833 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220113_092734 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipperdoktor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Gottlieb "Dancing Lady" 1966

Strange problem with further games after the first one.
When I turn on the machine and start a game, everything is normal.
I can play it to the end (3 or 5 balls make no difference, even if 1 or many players do not change anything) and everything is still normal.
If I then want to start a game again, the 110 and thus also the 30V drop during the reset process, and the pinball machine goes dark.

1 week later
#3 2 years ago
Quoted from AndrewP:

Can you describe how you are turning the machine on, starting the first game, and how you are starting the second game?

Plug in - Insert Coins or pressing Start/Credit-button if enough Credits - Play.
After first game(s) 1 to 4 Players)- Insert Coins or Press Start if i have Credits. (testing like on public place or/and simulating a Play)

#4 2 years ago

Two wires fly into the void. Could someone verify where this should end.
Blue / yellow from the relay contact package and orange / blue which disappears in the black box.

the two black ones come from the transformer and are connected in the block terminal.
Blue / yellow & orange / blue are individually stripped.

many thanx
gábor

IMG_20220113_092734 (resized).jpgIMG_20220113_092734 (resized).jpgIMG_20220113_092833 (resized).jpgIMG_20220113_092833 (resized).jpg

#5 2 years ago

The loose wires have been clarified, they are those from the missing knocker.
The problem with the 110V cutting off when repeatedly starting the game after switching it on still persists.
After all, I now have a second "Dancing Doll" that I first have to repair and then compare.
The problem again:
After plugging in, I can play without problems, 1-4 players, with existing credit or coin slot. He resets normally and plays to the last ball and game over without restrictions.
But if I then want to start another game, the reset process simply breaks off, the 110V drop, and of course all the relays and lights too.
I have the impression that the termination takes place at the moment when the "Armature Bank" should reset.

Believe me, all contacts have been checked several times, all soldering points, etc... I've even replaced and adjusted the "Armature Switch".
And yes, I'm not inexperienced in repairing EM pinballs, but this lady is really getting on my nerves.
What is the difference between a cold start and a warm start?
PS: I got the device already like this.

Help me please!!!
greetz
Gábor

#7 2 years ago

Thanks Mark...

But I can definitely say that the voltage of the R coil drops.
Of course I've already bypassed the hold relay, if only because the "Dancing Doll" is set up ready to be played in the museum (Terra Technica Jukebox & Pinball Museum) and I don't want to light up the many EM pinball machines by hand, and it makes no difference
The reference to correct coils is very good, I'll follow that up.
The tilt/cheat switches were already manipulated by the predecessor and now that I see the schematic on the screen, I have a hard to read, original too, I have to admit I can't say 100% if the bounce switch is open! (but I think so...) ((tinker not thinker )
Tomorrow I'll be back at the pinball and checking that.

it would be too ridiculous for that to be the fault, but EM pinballs do things like that, especially when you've checked everything 100 times and can't find a fault.

1 week later
#9 2 years ago

Yes, but then the score motor spins constantly and sometimes the dashboard reset coil twitches.

If I unplug the pinball machine and plug it back in, everything seems normal again.

PS: the "bounce switch" must be closed, otherwise nothing works.

In the meantime I have repaired a second Dancing Lady and installed the nicer playing field.

However, as long as the defective lady is in the workshop, I would be very interested in what causes this strange error.
Yes, I checked, cleaned and adjusted the contacts on the score motor, as well as the cables and solder joints. 3x

x

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Quercus22:

I think that bounce switch that is shown on the schematic as open, should be closed.

...definitely, an open bounce switch breaks the circuit, which is its job. There must be an error in the schematic.
greetz
Gábor

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipperdoktor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-dancing-lady-strange-reset-problem?tu=flipperdoktor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.