You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Dancing-Lady-Roto-Targets (resized).jpg
0Dancing-Lady-Extraball-01 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hi pinsiders
do You know how the Extraball is handled in the "Dancing Lady" ? A friend of mine owns the pin --- very sporadic the invitation lite "Hitting star awards Extraball when lit" lights up.

- Under what condition(s) this lite lites up ?
- Can we make an Extraball by loosing the ball through one of the Outlanes "A or B or C or D" ? - https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=635&picno=34773

I do have the schematics - confusing - it would be a big help when I would know the way it should work - can You enlighten me ? Greetings Rolf

#2 5 years ago

Can you post the snippet of the extra ball relay?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballdaveh:

Can you post the snippet of the extra ball relay?

It would help, Rolf.

#4 5 years ago

Hi folks
I was hoping for an proud owner of "Dancing Lady" telling me all about the Extra-Ball.
Here stuff from the schematics - just one of my problems: The schematics has #1,2,3,4,5 Target Switches and #1,2,3,4,5 Bottom Rollover --- where on the Playfield is the #5 Bottom Rollover located ? Greetings Rolf

0Dancing-Lady-Extraball-01 (resized).jpg0Dancing-Lady-Extraball-01 (resized).jpg
#5 5 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Under what condition(s) this lite lites up ?

The bottom of the schematic shows that the "Hit Start When Lit" light comes on when:
- the C/Extra Ball relay is not active AND
- the Score Motor 3F switch is closed AND
- the A/Alternating relay switch is closed

What makes this an uncommon event is that the Score Motor and Alternating relay switches are combined. The Score Motor 3F switch I believe only closes in one of the three home positions of the Score Motor so already that light will be off 2/3 of the time. The A/Alternating relay is fired periodically by the 0-9 unit. Perhaps it fires for every other digit or it could be for just one digit. You'd need to examine the 0-9 unit to be sure. So in the best case the light would be on (1/3 * 1/2) or 1/6 of the time and in the worst case it would be (1/3 * 1/10) or 1/30 of the time that the Extra Ball relay is not active.

Can we make an Extraball by loosing the ball through one of the Outlanes "A or B or C or D" ? - https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=635&picno=34773

It looks like an extra ball is only awarded if the Roto Unit is in the correct position and the #5 Target or #5 Bottom Rollover switch close. It's not clear however where those two switches are.

/Mark

#6 5 years ago

Hi Mark
thanks for post-5.
first: I didn't want to show schematics - I only wanted an description of the feature - the less I write in post-1 the less confusing.
second: The friend is not really interested in the Extraball feature (he goes for the double-lit targets on the Roto-Unit) - he doesn't let me look into his pin. It might be six months or more since I have seen the invitation light lighted - maybe just the bulb is shot (?). Greetings Rolf

#7 5 years ago

where on the Playfield is the #5 Bottom Rollover located ?

A situation where they made the schematic a bit too early?

#8 5 years ago

If I am not mistaken: the 0-9 unit has a adjustable feature for the times "hitting star..." gets lit.
The more plugged in the jones plug, the more the feature will be lit for extra ball.

9 months later
#9 4 years ago

Hi pinsiders
a bit of progress - see the JPG - the order of the targets around the carousel. A friend of mine had access to an Dancing Lady and sent me his drawing.
More to come on "Extraball Feature". Greetings Rolf

0Dancing-Lady-Roto-Targets (resized).jpg0Dancing-Lady-Roto-Targets (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-dancing-lady-extraball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.