Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gott flipper (resized).png
Flipper (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hi - I'm from New Zealand - Taranaki and it's great to finally join Pinside. I bought my first machine at Christmas - a Gottlieb Cue Ball Wizard and it has a flipper issue at times (not that often) - the left flipper will lose power and not be able to hold the ball.

When I looked inside I noticed the part in the photo is very loose and wiggles freely - The right flipper this part is pretty solid. Just wondering if replacing that part would be the solution and what's it called . Thanks!!

Flipper (resized).jpgFlipper (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

Looks like the clip that holds the fibre flipper link is missing as well? Maybe it's just not showing in the picture?

Part 19 in this picture.

gott flipper (resized).pnggott flipper (resized).png
#3 2 years ago

Oh - ok ...yes part 19 does seem to be replaced with a bit of canvas haha...
here's a video of me wiggling the part

#4 2 years ago

Looks like you have part # 20 broken?

I'm unsure if Pinball Spare Parts Australia has parts for these flipper mechs but they are your closest bet for parts.

Have a look here: https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=gottlieb+flipper+kit

I would call them tomorrow and ask about your specific needs. Probably a complete flipper rebuild kit would be the wisest way forward because if this part is broken you can bet the rest are shagged as well.

Flippers are the hardest working part of your machine and should be rebuilt more often than these have been obviously.

#5 2 years ago

I’ll second the recommendation to rebuild the flipper mechs. Flippers are generally the most worn parts on old games and being rebuild kits makes a huge difference.

Plus this will make for an easy first repair. Take lots of pictures and do one side at a time.

Another easy/cost effective repairs would include buying new coil sleeves to freshen slingshots and pop bumpers.

#6 2 years ago

Awesome - Thanks guys!!! I'll definitely get a flipper rebuild kit. I'll contact https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/ today.

#7 2 years ago

I used to own this game ( not this actual one) , and have been through it .. PM me if you have any other issues Im in New Plymouth and willing to help

#8 2 years ago

Oh Cheers Dawson. That would be great. I'd love to learn more about the mechanics and maintenance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bloomington, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-cue-ball-wizard-flipper-newbie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.