• Latest reply 6 years ago by mwester
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cue Ball Wizard repair (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

The metal piece that connects the rod of the solenoid to the cue stick on my Cue Ball Wizard is broke. I found a replacement piece through the Pinball Resource. To replace the part I need to remove the solenoid from the rotating metal plate that it is mounted on so I can insert the new one. The four solenoid mounting screws are on the bottom of the plate. To remove the plate from the rotating motor to get access to the bottom of the plate, it appears I need to unscrew a pin that is holding the plate into place on the motor pin. (See attached photo.)

The issue is that I cannot get the pin to budge. It does not appear to be any sort of tool that inserts (like a hex or star key) in the side to help turn it. It appears just to be a finger tightened pin. I cannot get any leverage on it to budge.

Any ideas on how I can get access to the solenoid mounting screws?

Cue Ball Wizard repair (resized).jpgCue Ball Wizard repair (resized).jpg

4 months later
#2 6 years ago

I know this thread is 4 months old but I just got through repairing this solenoid on my CBW... In case you still haven't got it off...

The screw you're trying to remove is a hex /allen wrench (or at least it is on mine). If you can't get an allen wrench to fit, it may be because it's stripped out. In that case, I know because of it's location, it's going to be hard to get at. You could probably get a needle-nose, vise-grip tool and get a grip on the edges of it to get it out, then replace it with a new one.

I hope you got it fixed! Cue Ball Wizard is a great game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bloomington, IL
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-cue-ball-wizard-cue-mount-replacement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.