• Latest reply 7 years ago by Darcy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1197 critical (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

I was able to do an in-depth interview with the designer of THE BLACK HOLE and the never released CRITICAL MASS and DRAGON'S LAIR Pinball Machines at the White Rose Gameroom Show end of September! Watch and learn some stuff you NEVER knew before in TNT Amusements Video #1197!

1197 critical (resized).jpg1197 critical (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Black Hole was way ahead of it's time. Gonna have to watch this one for sure. Thanks for posting!

#3 7 years ago

Pretty great video.

Jerry Yingst isn't listed as a designer for Black Hole or Critical Mass on IPDB. Somebody get on that right away.

It's kind of crazy the extent a person has to go through just to deal with Gottlieb. I really can't believe that it's their place to approve work on a prototype machine that was acquired from the designer or to prohibit someone from selling this machine.

It was great to hear the story behind Black Hole and Critical Mass.

#4 7 years ago

Glad we could share this story with lots more details! It was great seeing it at the show...Eric told me he would be there and we wanted to make sure we got this filmed so everyone could learn!

#5 7 years ago

That was very interesting....I always enjoy hearing the stories of how a game came to be. Thanks for sharing

#6 7 years ago

I'm curious on why Gottlieb didn't greenlight Critical Mass?

It definitely fits the motif of that era of Gottliebs.

And that's definitely the best example of Black Hole I have ever seen!

#7 7 years ago

Cool, wow long though.

#8 7 years ago

I was amazed at Eric's homemade manual for critical mass. That in itself is a feat to be very proud of.

I would love to talk to Eric sometime.

Feel free to PM me?!!

From one BH owner to another!
You did BH proud!!

One of your best videos Todd thanks!

Jerry your OK in my book love this game!
Thank you too!!

#9 7 years ago

Very awesome info and thanks to everyone for sharing all the info

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

One of your best videos Todd thanks!

I noticed Todd took some extra effort with reaction shots to Jerry's story. His edits also with pics on screen of what people were talking about were also very well done. I know it probably added some extra work for you Todd but thanks for the video.

#11 7 years ago

Thanks for the positive comments! Yes...I am impressed you noticed the reaction shots! I wanted them to intercut as a continuous shot of one person in these days of fast edits may lead some folks to stray from the video! To keep the video moving along, the extra pictures I thinka re important...and also the links to other videos for interested people!! It just takes time!!

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It's kind of crazy the extent a person has to go through just to deal with Gottlieb. I really can't believe that it's their place to approve work on a prototype machine that was acquired from the designer or to prohibit someone from selling this machine.

Got to agree with you. The legal stuff on this pin seems interesting. I can only guess it is to prevent the pin from being remade by a current pinball company. Even though it is an older game, everything is already there. So Gottlieb would want to protect itself, even on future developments. Also no chance of loosing possible future revenue, from that game design.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-critical-mass-black-hole-prototypes-video-tnt-amusements and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.