Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sys1_cpu.jpg
20140514_134925.jpg
a1-j7.jpg
a1-j6.jpg
A1J6_A1J7.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newmantjn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Just a note on the differences in wire colors.

Gottlieb didn't run out of wire. They used single color wire, the cream colored wire you see most of the time, and had a machine with Sharpie like pens that put the traces on there.

Lots of times, there will be a wire color on the schematic, then something like this (300) after it indicating a wire change. If you check those numbers against the chart on the schematic, you'll see that those numbers most of the time correspond to the correct wire color.

I tell you what. I'm currently working on 3 Joker Pokers at once. I got the first one up and running, then I was re-pinning the second PF. Some prior idiot had soldered the wires to the driver board. To put the wires back in the connector, I referenced BOTH the other PF and the manual. When I was done, I had one wire that didn't match. After doing a little sloothing with my DMM, I determined that this was the wire for all the standup switches. Green in two out of three of my PFs. Green in the manual. White with some stripes on this PF.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 7.50
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newmantjn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-countdown?tu=newmantjn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.