Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Josev23usa
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hi all, my first post here. Have had my Countdown for about 11 years and have done my share of maintenance and repairs. Recently I started doing some addtl maintenance and noticed on other videos when the game is over, other peoples Countown goes into a demo type mode where playfield lights light up. Mine, only the scores flip. Also, i can hear some sounds from the speaker sounding like a rocket but can barely hear it. I cant find any reference as to what option or things i can check. I have a niumph board and looked at that manual and my countdown manuals. Please assist if you are familiar. Thank you.

#2 2 years ago

They might have aftermarket (pascal,ni-wumpf) MPUs that added the attract mode.

#3 2 years ago

Thanks for the response. I lookee up attract mode for the board and found a thread that talks about my old version doesnt have it and cant support it. The new version does so spending 200 bucks for it and some leds while i am at it. Didnt need much convincing that I really want it. Again, thanks for responding.

#4 2 years ago

Countdown is one of my favorites! Good luck with your new board! Be careful with those LEDs!

1 week later
#5 2 years ago

Got my new Ni-Wumpf board. Replaced my older one which still works great. Very nice attract mode feature. Just don't know if it was worth it. Things are a little different so have to get used to it. Less sounds on startup, when the targets reset when a new ball starts, they go slower, and overall it just seems duller. Maybe it is a mental thing based on what I got. Have to play with it some more.

Will ask this question again in case someone sees this. I thought I heard at some point before replacing the board like a rocket ship but very low. I know I am not losing my mind but couldnt find anywhere if this actually exists. Kind of like a attract mode of sounds vs just the lights. Just throwing it out there in case anyone has come across this.

Thanks,
Jose

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kansas City, MO
€ 8.40
1,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quakertown, PA
$ 49.00
$ 289.00
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
£ 37.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 625.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside