Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chrisnack
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150517_145347.jpg
20150517_145149.jpg
20150517_145325.jpg
20150517_145340.jpg
20150516_104433.jpg
DSC_5657.JPG
20150513_104239.jpg
20140405_231726.jpg
20150513_104321.jpg
20150513_104311.jpg
20150513_104306.jpg
20150513_104303.jpg
20150513_104256.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Been hunting for a Count-Down since my system 1 obsession started. Found one! Of course there are issues.

20150513_104256.jpg 20150513_104303.jpg 20150513_104306.jpg 20150513_104311.jpg 20150513_104321.jpg
#2 4 years ago

Really nice playfield though!

I wish mine looked that good.

Great game! Have fun!

20140405_231726.jpg

#3 4 years ago

Wow. Power supply is nasty!

20150513_104239.jpg
#4 4 years ago

I see a Music Vend (Seattle and Portland) decal on yours. They were eventually bought out by Mountain Coin which was then bought out by Specialty Coin of Portland, Oregon.

Your power supply looks like it was swapped out from a machine that was in a fire. The circuit board and the components on it can be cleaned with 99% isopropyl alcohol and scrubbing with a toothbrush. Then spray the board with Mean Green and rinse and dry. The metal frame that holds the circuit board can be cleaned with lacquer thinner or simply using Brasso on a rag.

#5 4 years ago

I can't tell you how much I recommend the Pascal Janin 3x1 board I just installed into a Sinbad. I hate monkeying around with these Gottlieb boards and the diagnostic and added features of the Pascal board make it it so worth it.

DSC_5657.JPG
#6 4 years ago

Doesn't Pascal's board also add attract mode light show?

#7 4 years ago

Wow! that playfield does look nice. "he said drooling"...
I played the heck out of a countdown in a little 3.2 bar in Minn back in late 79.
I can't tell you how many Beers I spilled on that machine. One of my all time favorite pins.

Hey gearheaddropping, where did you get that pic of Sea Raider? I have one. Love the game, but can't get the sound to work

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I can't tell you how much I recommend the Pascal Janin 3x1 board I just installed into a Sinbad. I hate monkeying around with these Gottlieb boards and the diagnostic and added features of the Pascal board make it it so worth it.

DSC_5657.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Wonderful product. The skill shot addition is a nice touch too.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Doesn't Pascal's board also add attract mode light show?

Yes, along with a skill shot, ball saver, high score initial entry, advanced diagnostics, awesome switch testing, etc.

I can't tell you how impressed I am with his product.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from blazerchad:

Been hunting for a Count-Down since my system 1 obsession started. Found one! Of course there are issues.

Countdown is a great game!! Played the hell out if it back in the day. Wouldn't mind having one myself. Enjoy!

#11 4 years ago

I'd love to own a Count-Down one day... Yours looks very nice!

#12 4 years ago

I currently run Torch, Genie, Charlie's Angels and Buck Rogers with Pascal. Countdown's boards work but I won't be running the orig boards.

#13 4 years ago

Oops... I have a Cleopatra with a pascal also.

#14 4 years ago

Thanks for all the images!

#15 4 years ago

Mylared the crappy BG...

20150516_104433.jpg
#16 4 years ago

Oops. That San fran operation sticker was not from count-down...

#17 4 years ago

Here are some finals. Not much else to do except order a Pascal. I have a Ni Wumpf shop board in her from our tech dept. Here at Blairally to start the bulbing and switch adjustment. Bad knocker coil and a slew of bad solder jobs and the like. Mylard the piss outta the BG. It sure isn't awesome. But the PF makes the purchase all the worthwhile.

20150517_145340.jpg 20150517_145325.jpg 20150517_145149.jpg 20150517_145347.jpg
5 months later
#18 4 years ago

PF cleaned up nice... i've been looking for a Count-Down, most of the PF's are trashed though....

#19 4 years ago

I had forgotten this game uses two different styles of flipper rebuild kits.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

I had forgotten this game uses two different styles of flipper rebuild kits.

Because of the 2" upper flippers?

#21 4 years ago

Congrats on the find! That pf looks pretty dang good!

Such a great game! I have a TZ power ball in mine right now and it's sooo much fun. I also 2nd the after market boards.

#22 4 years ago

Can't get over how good that PF looks. What did you clean it rip with?

My top kick out is white, or its that caked with crap, need to pull it and scrub the hell out of it.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from BumperMcBaulhogh:

Congrats on the find! That pf looks pretty dang good!
Such a great game! I have a TZ power ball in mine right now and it's sooo much fun. I also 2nd the after market boards.

What's the power ball do for you?

#24 4 years ago

Did you find this game in Washington? I used to own one in same shape/wear with Music Vend decal. Sold it about 15 years ago to a lady in Olympia.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from blazerchad:

Here are some finals. Not much else to do except order a Pascal. I have a Ni Wumpf shop board in her from our tech dept. Here at Blairally to start the bulbing and switch adjustment. Bad knocker coil and a slew of bad solder jobs and the like. Mylard the piss outta the BG. It sure isn't awesome. But the PF makes the purchase all the worthwhile.

Yeah, I played that @ Blairalley last time I was down there. That backglass is sad....

Had a great time as usual & spent 1/2 hour out back talking with Chad & the guys. We were down in Eugene for the George Thorogood concert. Damn glad we had a designated driver, things got a little drunk out...

#26 4 years ago

There is a countdown for sale on eBay, play field is a little rough but the back glass is very very good. I'm trying to see if the guy will sell me the BG or trade for mine which is at 70-80%.

#27 4 years ago

anyone know what the top kick-out insert plastic color should be? I've seen both red and white, seen in this thread as well. Mine is white.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

What's the power ball do for you?

It's lighter than a regular ball so the physics are all different. Overall, it's much faster. It's light on the flippers and the bounce is different off of rubber. Sometimes when you have a SDTM it will bounce off the apron and back it play. I don't advise doing this on every game but it's loads of fun on Count-Down.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

There is a countdown for sale on eBay, play field is a little rough but the back glass is very very good. I'm trying to see if the guy will sell me the BG or trade for mine which is at 70-80%.

This one looks pretty nice and seems reasonably priced to me ($89 with no bids plus $40 shipping):

ebay.com link » Gottlieb Count Down Pinball Machine Back Glass Good Condition

#30 4 years ago

Haha yeah I'm totally bidding on that no one else take it

#31 4 years ago

You just had to post that didn't you... Now I'm stuck in a bidding war... My secret find it out now ....

#32 4 years ago

I soooo want to bid on that but I am staying out of it. You better win it!!!

Good luck!

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from BumperMcBaulhogh:

I soooo want to bid on that but I am staying out of it. You better win it!!!
Good luck!

LOL, don't!

Oh i'll win it alright....

#34 4 years ago

Count Down is in Blairally! Thanks to a PDX'er (thanks Ron) I was able to get a slightly better BG. Slowly Count Down will be shiny again! Currently Blairally has Buck Rogers (signed by Gil Gerrard and Twiki himself!) A Genie with a powerball and lifted ass end, Charlie's Angels with a clearcoat, Cleopatra with a Clearcoat!

#35 4 years ago

The two I dont let in the Blairally Population is a pristine Pinball Pool and a damn near perfect Close Encounters! All running Pascal. We got the Idea from PAPA to Hot-Rod Genie with a powerball.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Can't get over how good that PF looks. What did you clean it rip with?
My top kick out is white, or its that caked with crap, need to pull it and scrub the hell out of it.

I used Mill Wax on the initial clean, then a paintbrush to remove debris, complete tear down and a Naptha wipe down. Then Naptha and Magic Erasers to help dig out the swirling.
Finally another mill wax then a generous paste wax. Someday I will clear this PF and do key lines and touch ups.

#37 4 years ago

Does anyone else's top kick out just go on forever, sometimes it'll kick-out and the pop bumper pops it right back up and it goes on for 20, 30 times in a row. Not sure what to adjust to make it more random.

#38 4 years ago

I seem to remember that happening either on the one I played at PHOF or at the Seattle show.

On Gottlieb hole ejects, you can put a slight bend in the tip/end of the kick out metal. The part that actually pushes the ball out of the hole. This will give you a slight change in trajectory either right or left to mix things up a bit.

Just raise the playfield and hand activate the kicker foot to bring it up out of the hole. Slide a small crescent wrench onto the end and put a slight (ever so slight) bend in it.

#39 4 years ago

Ah great tip, I will try that, i even have a spare one, so if i mess it up too bad, i have another option... a few times in a row is fine, but 20 or 30 is a little ridiculous... easy to get points on 5k bonus though

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I seem to remember that happening either on the one I played at PHOF or at the Seattle show.
On Gottlieb hole ejects, you can put a slight bend in the tip/end of the kick out metal. The part that actually pushes the ball out of the hole. This will give you a slight change in trajectory either right or left to mix things up a bit.
Just raise the playfield and hand activate the kicker foot to bring it up out of the hole. Slide a small crescent wrench onto the end and put a slight (ever so slight) bend in it.

Yup, this worked great, thanks for the tip.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 8.40
$ 49.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kansas City, MO
$ 12.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 174.99
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
€ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside