• Latest reply 11 years ago by stashyboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P3190626.JPG
P3190625.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stashyboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

So I started working on this Sweet Hearts project last night........
Amazing how much stuff they put under the play field, I can barely lift it out of the cabinet!!
Check out the reset bank, there are 22 switch stacks alone on that sucker!!

Anyway, I have found a couple coils that will be replaced. First was a hold coil which I think I have a sustitute for (A 9738) but the other has me stumped so far. I've checked a couple sites on the web for coil equivalents (including Clay's Pin Repair), but no reference to this number. It is for the series relay old # is A-5506. If anyone has a notion what later coil would work,please let me know. I am putting together a PBR order, but already have plenty of stuff to buy. And besides, I don't want to ask Steve, he will say "This is not a technical questions phone call!" Well, sometimes he'll give me a break, but you know what I mean........!

Thanks, Mark

P3190625.JPGP3190625.JPG P3190626.JPGP3190626.JPG

#6 11 years ago

Thanks for all the response guys,
that chart doesn't have A-5506. I figured I'd have to actually ask the 'man behind the curtain' (Oz reference?) Steve Young. I'm sure he can help!

#8 11 years ago

Thanks DirtFlipper,
That was the kind of information I was looking for. I just inspected the coil again. Though the wrapper is toast, the bobin says R-20-2 which I think is on the chart! (eqiv. to A-7688, A-9733, A-487) Though I still don't have any of those, at least I know what to order now!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stashyboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-cooked-coil-equivalent?tu=stashyboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.