• Latest reply 3 years ago by BubbaK
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

coin unit (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

So I just got done bringing back a Jungle Queen from the dead. One of the issues I had was with the Coin unit. The 2 posts were outside of the switch stack which allowed it to go about 18 steps and of course screwed up a lot of things. I thought this happened by someone not knowing what they were doing. The next machine I just started on is a Target Alpha. While doing my look over before firing it up, I noticed this coin unit is the same way. I was able to fix it, but trying to figure out how or why this has happened to 2 different machines I bought from 2 totally different people. I don't think it can happen easily. To fix it I had to loosen the switch stack and swing it out of the way, and lift up the clock spring 2x to get it over 2 posts.

coin unit (resized).jpgcoin unit (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

Sometimes you just get lucky, I guess.

It is often the case that a stepper unit can get pretty far out of whack just by someone manually turning the gear wheel beyond where it is supposed to stop.

But, AFAIK there isn't any way for this particular style of coin unit to get into the state shown in your pic unless someone actively takes the unit apart and then puts it back together wrong. That's because the torsion spring anchor wire is supposed to be situated between the two posts. I think the only way to position the anchor wire outside of the two posts is to do some disassembly.

- TimMe

#3 3 years ago

Thanks TimMe.. Guess I should play the lottery I was able to repair both without disassembling them. I did have to lift the spring over both posts to get it in the correct position. I couldn't see how this could have happened by accident.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-coin-unit-issues- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.