Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by boilerman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

so I finally have my flying carpet mostly done, my issue is that the coins are not getting accepted. When I put the coins in it makes the coin spin around the switch, is this a bad design of gottlieb or is there something better that I need to setup. Most coin slots Ive seen had a guard that would stop this.

#2 8 years ago

check the coil on the coin door, when you power on the pin it should energize to accept coins otherwise the would go to the coin eject slot

#3 8 years ago

Is the coin lockout coil connected and working?

Is the coin lockout linkage adjusted properly?

Is the replay unit already at it's maximum credit position? If so, then the coin lockout coil is supposed to shut off and thus block out any coins until you play off a couple of credits.

#4 8 years ago

the coin lockout linkage and coil are workign correctly. its not even fallowing the path it is supposed to. i push the button manaually and it accepts the cretids, yet when i put in the coin it physically spins away from the shoot

#5 8 years ago

Are the coin mechs for the currency you are using? There could be a coin stuck (or other token shaped item) inside the mechanism?

#6 8 years ago

inside of the shoot there is a piece of metal to gap the coin you are using. then it is supposed to drop towards the switch. when it drops it goes completely left of the switch. hopefully this is understandable

#7 8 years ago

Pictures would be wonderful. (At least I've no idea what you're describing.)

#8 8 years ago

It is difficult to understand what precisely is occurring but there are not many possibilities given the lockout has been eliminated.
-are the coins getting through the entrance plate & coin chutes;
-have you tested the mechs out of the machine to verify they are getting through the correct passage (not the reject passage) & is the mech adjusted to take the coin denomination you are using;
-is the coin switch properly adjusted to activate when the coin hits & the coin is not being lodged on top of the switch;
-is the coin getting through to the coin box.
I use US quarters in my machines. At times I have had a devil of a time correctly adjusting coin mechs. So now if I have continuing difficulty I just cast the mech to one side & replace it. I purchased a number of mechs from TNT @ $6 ea & they have always worked perfectly. Also I will now only use Coin Mech brand mech-they seem to me to be more reliable & durable.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Is the replay unit already at it's maximum credit position? If so, then the coin lockout coil is supposed to shut off and thus block out any coins until you play off a couple of credits.

Good info Ken-I was not aware of that function.

#10 8 years ago

yes the coins are getting through the entrance plate, no the coin is not fallowing the correct path, it basically falls away from the switch on top of the coin box. it is the original to the game so an upgrade might be needed. it doesnt even come close to the coin switch.

#11 8 years ago

Sounds like it doesn't have a coin mechanism in it.

Steve

#12 8 years ago

Have you pulled the coin mechs and inspected them to insure they are not malfunctioning?

You can simulate a proper coin path through the coin mech holding it in your hands.

The coin mech itself may need service. There are pivoting parts that can get gummed up or obstructed.

A poster above asked if there is anything stuck internal to the coin mech. You did not answer that question.

A poster above asked what the coinage you are using is. And subsequently if the coin mech is rated for this coinage. You did not answer that question.

Take the coin mech(s) out of the coin door and see if you can get the coin to pass through to the proper path. If it is a quarter mech it should allow the quarter to drop straight through to the coin box and a nickel or dime, for example, to reject back to the coin return.

You infer that the coin slides are sized to keep the wrong coins from passing through. That comment has very limited applicability here. The actual coin slides, behind the coin entrance plates, do nothing more than getting the coins from the coin entrance plates to the coin mech. They do not size anything. The coin entrance plates will limit certain coins. And that is only if the proper plate has the proper sticker on it. A dime entrance plate will stop you from putting most any other coin in there than a dime. A quarter entrance plate will probably allow any coinage to pass through.

Pictures of your coin mechs, outside of the coin door, would be helpful here.

Pictures of the brackets that hold the coin mechs, with the coin mechs removed, would also be helpful.

#13 8 years ago

I sell three styles of 25 cent mechs...the tan all plastic ones you can wash with soap and water, the metal style with the black plastic insert (in almost all new games these days) and the all metal coin mechs. They are all $6 each and all checked to make sure they work...email directly [email protected]

#14 8 years ago

I can send u 2 .25 for free you just pay shipping

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 51.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-coin-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.