(Topic ID: 142936)

Gottlieb Coin Boxes throughout the years . . .

By cpiel

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9075.jpg
    coinbox706.jpg
    RScbdisp.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballprowess.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago

I've found that the coin boxes, at least for the Gottlieb wedgeheads, seem to fit one another. The only exception I can remember is the door on my Jacks Open didn't want to close with one of them in there. Tim Arnold came to the rescue and turned me on to one that fit as I recall.

Pretty much the same with the sixties Williams reverse wedgeheads. Although I think when they went to the deeper cabinets they also went to a same sized but deeper coin box.

So my motto is the same as the USPS uses for their flat rate boxes... "If it fits it ships". Although of course would rather have the correct coin box for all my games... and probably do for the most part.

But now as far as lids, I've got too many missing to want to go down 'that' road.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from cpiel:

Maybe from mid 60s onward, but they don't fit the shallow cabinet style of the early 60s such as the Flipper series.

Yeah, now that's one thing I can't say, as I don't own any of those earlier style cabinets from Gottlieb, like Rack a Ball and the like. I'm a coin op enthusiast but only have experience with games in my collection.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

But maybe the one I have in my Mystic Marvel will fit all 50's? 8 by 5 inches.
    It is in just right place for coins from Heath Chute to drop in.

And that's another thing... I'm gonna have to chase down coin boxes for most of my woodrails when I get around to shopping them out. I'm trying to knock out my metal rails first... for whatever reason.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballprowess.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-coin-boxes-throughout-the-years?tu=Pinballprowess and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.